Erowid Canvas Tote/Shopping Bag
This reusable "Ecobag" is made of 100% recycled mid-weight
(10 oz) cotton canvas, printed with the Erowid logo.
Donate now and receive yours!
Potent Stuff
5-Meo-AMT
by icouldgivea
Citation:   icouldgivea. "Potent Stuff: An Experience with 5-Meo-AMT (exp31548)". Erowid.org. Mar 5, 2004. erowid.org/exp/31548

4.5 mg oral 5-MeO-AMT (liquid)
  T+ 0:59   oral Vitamins / Supplements
  T+ 2:30 1.5 mg oral 5-MeO-AMT (liquid)

3:38pm 4.5mg ingested orally (dissolved 500mg 5-Meo-AMT in 375ml Bacardi 151, used a baby oral syringe to measure out about 3.5 mls) chillin out at my cousinís apmt. The plan was to go to a sports bar and watch the Duke basketball game with some girls and him, but I was tripping too hard to do it. I made him go without me. I was feeling very excited about tripping, not having done it in a couple years, and not having done this substance ever before. I spent the whole evening at my cousins apmt minus the excursion to the video store and 7-11 later in the evening. I took a multivitamin and an antioxidant supplement early in the trip.

T+:30 : feeling a little weird
T+:50 : by now stomach is feeling very gnarly.. probably should have left out the pizza for lunch.. also definitely feelin a little bit trippy.
T+1:00 : time is starting to really crawl..
T+2:47 : been going pretty good for a while now. Stomach discomfort has persisted but is controllable. Decided to take a bit more a little while ago.. about a mg and a half. Played some chess online; it went fine, won a couple games, drew a couple others. I was a bit surprised because I didnít feel very focused, but the opposition was at my level when Iím sober. Canít argue with results.
T+2:58 : Ö uhohÖ too much?? Iím pretty damn messed up. Just thought to myself : ďsanity? Yes please.Ē Not good. Chess is now out of the question.
T+3:09 : holy sweet mother.. Iím fucked up. Stomach feels horrible.. have been very sensitive temperature wise too.. mostly too hot, sweating, but sometimes getting cold. Almost impossible to find a comfortable amount of clothing and ventilation.

T+3:17 : damnÖ only been 8 minutes!?!?!?!?
T+3:56 : Iím tripping hardÖ still coming up?? Visuals getting more and more intense. Stomach still sucks - I think the 2nd dose may have brought it back. cousin left for basketball game.
T+4:19 : wow .. visuals are insaneÖ. Time has moved to a snailís paceÖ. And then some. Practically standing still. Played with the cats some. Safe to say the cat toys entertained me at LEAST as much as the cats, though they were game as well.
T+4:52 : Ö. A normal person should not find himself so fucked up. Laid down for an hour but it didnít really help. Needed some sensory deprivation. Everything was a bit too Ďloudí.
T+6:55 : still going strong.. maybe starting to tail off just a bit.. or maybe Iím getting more used to it. My cousin just got home (Iím spending the week with him)

T+9:34 : definitely starting to come down a bit.. cousin just went to bed .. was enjoyable hanging with him for a couple hours.. actually have been coming down a bit for a while now.. but certainly still a ways to go.. took 1000mg motrin earlier to quench any poorly disguised attempt at a headache. Over the last couple hours we went to the video store and 7-11 (wheeeee, tough to handle but worth it, I asked the 7-11 worker if they stocked Midol, but she didnít know. She looked at me weird too). When we got home we played Magic the Gathering for a while and very slowly since it was hard to be organized in my head. Iím a perfectionist at such games. We settled on having music playing in the background rather than Spaceghost or something else weird to watch.
T+14:17 : pretty much all the way down.. but I have suspicions it may not leave me completely for a day or two. No sign of the rumored headache but very tired. time for bed
T+24:30 : woke upÖ small headache.. took some motrin.. have plans for the evening

Summary and random notes: a pretty good trip.. seemed fairly comparable to acid .. seemed more visual than mental. Music really didnít seem noticeably better. I had it mostly on, though at times it was turned down low as it grated on my nerves too much. That was kind of disappointing since with other substances most notably ecstasy music was incredible. This substance seemed a lot better with a friend around.. I spent the hardest part of the trip by myself which is best avoided I think. Hanging out with a friend (sober even) was better. I think this substance is worth another try or two. I will have to plan so friends will definitely be around though. I found myself wanting weed quite a bit as well, especially in the latter stages of the trip, but I didnít have any. Also, it was very hard to stay hydrated over the trip. My urine was very yellow, and I consciously tried to ingest a lot of water. The stomach problem made it very hard though. Late in the evening on the way down I had some ice cream and it tasted really good, but not different than I really expected.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 31548
Published: Mar 5, 2004Views: 13,719
5-MeO-AMT (104) : General (1), Small Group (2-9) (17)