Spiral Erowid Zip Hoodie
This black mid-weight zip hoodie (80/20) has front pockets,
an Erowid logo on front chest, and a spiral design on back.
Donate and receive yours!
I Thought It'd Kill Me
Caffeine
by Cozmikgirl
Citation:   Cozmikgirl. "I Thought It'd Kill Me: An Experience with Caffeine (exp31607)". Erowid.org. Mar 17, 2004. erowid.org/exp/31607

repeated oral Caffeine (pill / tablet)

One night I was really bored and in a generally ill mood and couldn't get any good speed or marijuana. I decided to pop a couple caffeine pills and hoped I'd feel better at least. Well, after about an hour I thought I didn't even feel more alert off of the pills, I took 4 more. I didn't even give the pills a chance to kick in before I started taking 2 every 5-10 minutes. Before I knew it, the bottle was empty and I was zipping around the house deleriously. Along came bedtime and found myself laying there thinking my heart was going to literally burst. It was the most scarey and miserable thing I have ever felt. I tried to relax and breathe slowly. Nothing helped. Within an hour I was throwing up violently, my whole body was convulsing, and all my muscles were constricted and painful. My heartbeat just got harder and faster as the night went on. I went from the bathroom, vomiting, to my bed with shaking and muscle convulsions.

Finally, being worn out and scared to death all night, I woke my mom at the break of dawn and told her something was bad wrong. I could hardly even speak my body was shaking so bad. She drove me to the doctor where they gave me a phenegran shot. When we got home I was still in a relatively bad state. Finally, about an hour and a half later I fell asleep on the couch, exhausted, embarrassed, and extremely frightened.

I have had a lot of experiences with a lot of different drugs and overdoses. Caffeine is not a fun drug and in my opinion it is not a recreational drug at all. Please don't attempt to get a high off of caffeine, it's miserable and you'll surely be sorry.

Exp Year: 1998ExpID: 31607
Published: Mar 17, 2004Views: 17,751
Caffeine (11) : Overdose (29), Difficult Experiences (5), Alone (16)