Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
No Recreational Value
Trazodone
by 2ton
Citation:   2ton. "No Recreational Value: An Experience with Trazodone (exp32189)". Erowid.org. Feb 24, 2018. erowid.org/exp/32189

150 mg oral Pharms - Trazodone (pill / tablet)

My friend F and I were sold five pills that were supposed to be 'xanax' but upon further research we determined that they were a generic version of Trazodone. The pills (a trapeziodal shape) were scored into three triangles on one side and in half on the other. The triangles said '50' on each one and the info we came across online seemed to tell us that each triangle was 50mg, making each full pill 150mg. Well we each took one and sat down to watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I remember feeling very weak and tired at about the 45 minute point, and I totally knocked out at about T+1:30. I woke up with salsa all over me (I knocked it off the windowsill behind me at some point during the night) and quite a bit of disorientation. F and I decided that there was no recreational value in this drug at all and proceeded to throw the rest away.

Epilogue:
Upon reading more into Trazodone (as well as asking my mom about it, who is a pharmacist), it is an antidepressant, but it is quite a bit more potent as a 'sleep aid' if one even wants to call it that. I thought of it more as a 'knockout pill'.

Peace
2ton

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 32189
Published: Feb 24, 2018Views: 4,220
Pharms - Trazodone (294) : General (1), First Times (2), Small Group (2-9) (17)