Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for
the number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,422. $10-$500 donations are doubled! [see progress]

Donate Cryptocurrency
Lasting Effects
5-MeO-AMT (Ecstasy, Cocaine, Cannabis & Alcohol)
by T-Monkey
Citation:   T-Monkey. "Lasting Effects: An Experience with 5-MeO-AMT (Ecstasy, Cocaine, Cannabis & Alcohol) (exp32348)". Erowid.org. Apr 1, 2004. erowid.org/exp/32348

5-MeO-AMT

My first encounter with 5-MeO-AMT occured almost 1 year ago. I have used it with 3 different people on numerous occasions (Perhaps 15 times). A number of permanent problems have come up which I believe to have been caused by 5-MeO-AMT.

1. Sleep is no longer as good as it used to be. A better way of explaining this is that 10 hours of sleep feels like 5. I never feel rested. It also takes longer to 'recover' from drug use. Before, I could get really screwed up and stay up till 3am but still be able to get up the next day. I no longer have this ability.

2. Ever since an accidental overdose of 5-MeO-AMT in September I have had persistant visuals (Trails, afterimages, blurry vision, difficulty reading, etc). These visuals have lessened with time, but practically any drug brings them back. Cocaine for instance, now causes OEVs for me. Cannabis brings it back to near tripping proportions.

3. A recent MDMA experience triggered a response that became so severe that it bothered me intensely for days (And still kind of does). After ingesting one pill I had a nice short experience, and as I came down I smoked some cannabis. Between 4 people we smoked 1/8oz of pretty nice bud in about 2.5 hours. By the end of this I was having a full blown trip, but not in a fun way. This was not a result of the ecstacy, however, because its effects had worn off almost completely when this occurred. Basically I was thrown into this crazy state within a few seconds. People were stretched out and distorted, I thought that the building was falling down, and the weird thing is that it felt nothing like any trip I've ever had. It felt scary and weird, like I was in some other dimension or something. My vision kept zooming in on people and in particular their eyes.

The thing about the eyes is what really disturbs me, because I know that this is the work of 5-MeO-AMT. The reason I say this, is that everyone I know who has done it (3 other people besides myself) saw eyes at some point during their experience every single time they did it. The fact that this shit is still having negative effects months after using it is truly scary. It has ruined cannabis for me, and makes drugs that aren't even remotely hallucinogenic turn into hallucinogens.

One more thing...... Of the 3 other people I know who used 5-MeO-AMT, 2 of them also report significant permanent visual alterations. They both also have experienced increased severity of visuals when using other drugs. One stopped using drugs completely because his visual problem was so severe. Oddly enough, the one person that didn't have lasting visuals was the person who was with me when we ODed (They took the same amount as I did). This leads me to believe that even a low dose could still cause problems and that some people are more likely to be affected than others.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 32348
Published: Apr 1, 2004Views: 15,991
5-MeO-AMT (104) : Post Trip Problems (8), HPPD / Lasting Visuals (40), Retrospective / Summary (11), Various (28)