Up All Night
Cocaine
by The Rookie
Citation:   The Rookie. "Up All Night: An Experience with Cocaine (exp32840)". Erowid.org. Jan 6, 2017. erowid.org/exp/32840

6 lines insufflated Cocaine (powder / crystals)

I was in Los Angeles, 18 and on my own for the first time ever. I was working for a record label and became friends with one of the bands on the label. They had turned me onto coke and I had done it a couple times previous to this experience, but no more than 3 lines, never enough to keep me up all night.

When it first hits me, cocaine just clears everything away. It's a drug that makes me feel very alive and awake. I am ready to go, very attentive, the best I could be. I experience no loss of coordination.

This time was the first time I would ever sit down, and plan my evening around coke. Everyone there threw down $20, which meant everyone would get 5-6 lines. Our dealer came over and went into the back room of the apartment. We would give her money out of our collective pot whenever everyone was ready for another round. This started at about 12 am. Throughout the evening I consumed about 5-6 lines. I was able to stay up until 7 am just off of the drug.

With Cocaine, I really only need water and a seat, and I'm good. To avoid clenching my teeth, I rub the small amount of coke leftover from the line I just snorted into the gums of my mouth. I can still get high from this, and it will create a numb feeling. I'm less likely to clench my teeth with a numb mouth.

Waking up after a night doing cocaine can be hard for some people, but my experiences have never been horrible. My nose might be a little stuffed, or I might feel a little groggy, but nothing ever horrible. The stuff I did was pretty pure.

It's a much different high than marijuana.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 32840
Published: Jan 6, 2017Views: 1,437
Cocaine (13) : Retrospective / Summary (11), General (1), Small Group (2-9) (17)