If this Isn't HPPD I Have No Idea What it Is
Salvia divinorum
by marcs
Citation:   marcs. "If this Isn't HPPD I Have No Idea What it Is: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (exp33090)". Erowid.org. Dec 31, 2004. erowid.org/exp/33090

1 bowl smoked Salvia divinorum (dried)

I've used salvia many times before and until one night I had never really tripped off it. The times before I just recieved a few visual changes and simulation. The effect I like the most was the incredible mood lift I received after I smoked salvia. I still use it as an antidepressant by taking small amounts of it orally. Yet after one night where I took a huge inhale of a full salvia bowl I was sent into another world.

It scared me a little bit but I wouldn't say there was any emotional trauma. It was the day after the trip that I felt as if something was different. There was movement in my peripheral vision that I can't even describe. When i concentrated on a bright object like a tree or plant life i would feel like I was tripping again.

I've realized now that after reading about HPPD that many of these visions have not gone away yet. Colors seem very bright and when I get high they don't get much brighter. I see transparent blobs in my vision and black splotches. When i concentrate on an object something just seems off and strange. I feel as if I'm not as conscious to my surroundings.

This could be something completely different and I may not have HPPD but if this is true I have no idea what it is. Salvia's a great drug the best anti-depressant I've tried but it might be best to keep it at low doses.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 33090
Published: Dec 31, 2004Views: 21,451
Salvia divinorum (44) : Health Benefits (32), HPPD / Lasting Visuals (40), General (1), Unknown Context (20)