Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,376.

Donate by Bitcoin
Good Vibes
Manaca Root
by Aaron
Citation:   Aaron. "Good Vibes: An Experience with Manaca Root (exp3370)". Erowid.org. Oct 18, 2000. erowid.org/exp/3370

1 cup oral Brunfelsia (tea)

I drank the putrid tea that I boiled for about ten minutes. The stuff really is disgusting, making Yohimbe tea taste like Kool Aid.

I did the stuff twice and both times the effects didnt hit me until the next day. It certainly doesnt give you a trip, but what it does is make you feel refreshed, focused, and extroverted. It never fails. I don't believe this is a placebo reaction because I never expected this to be the outcome when I first took it. I was expecting aphrodesiac qualities only. Although I wouldnt classify this root as a sexual stimulant, I would say that it gives you more confidence and 'go get'em' attitude that certainly is condusive to that activity.

Anyways, boil, strain and add some sugar, honey or something to take the edge off the bitter taste and chug it down at night before bed and I guarrantee you'll have a great following day. I get mine from an online herb company. They send you a pulverized form of the root and boil a cup of that stuff in however much water you feel like drinking it in.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 3370
Published: Oct 18, 2000Views: 42,605
Brunfelsia spp. (146) : Alone (16), General (1)