Support honest drug info, lab drug checking, Shulgin
archiving, harm reduction & benefit enhancement.
[see progress]
We're still 50 donations short of our goal!
$10-$500 Donations Doubled

Donate Cryptocurrency
So That's Why They Call It Speed
Amphetamines (Adderall)
by Gymaert
Citation:   Gymaert. "So That's Why They Call It Speed: An Experience with Amphetamines (Adderall) (exp34076)". Erowid.org. Jul 13, 2017. erowid.org/exp/34076

30 mg oral Amphetamines

I've been on medication for many years because of ADD but had never really experienced what I was taking as a 'drug' until recently. It had been several years since I had changed dosage or medication type so the expected effect of 'making me normal' was beginning to degrade. I saw a specialist about this and they wrote a prescription for an increase in dosage.

All I can say about the first day after the increase is 'WOW so that is why they call it speed.' That day felt as though it lasted an entire week and no matter how much I was able to accomplish, I still wanted to do more. Then a few days later I was forced to sit motionless for about an hour (in the choir loft during church, how ironic) and as I was looking at the wall, as a break from staring at the back of the pastors head, it started changing colors. After a bit I suddenly felt like my entire body was put inside my head and I was disconnected from my limbs, then it felt like my body was leaning to the side but mot falling like that one tower in Italy. Finally we had to stand up and sing something and everything became normal again.

I've tried to replicate the experience but have not been able to, leading me to believe that the new higher dose was the cause of it. Overall it was a pleasant experience for me but I can see how it might freak some people out.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 34076
Published: Jul 13, 2017Views: 1,398
Amphetamines (6) : Medical Use (47), Various (28)