Erowid Canvas Tote/Shopping Bag
This reusable "Ecobag" is made of 100% recycled mid-weight
(10 oz) cotton canvas, printed with the Erowid logo.
Donate now and receive yours!
A Constant Companion
Cocaine
by Powder
Citation:   Powder. "A Constant Companion: An Experience with Cocaine (exp3439)". Erowid.org. Dec 17, 2001. erowid.org/exp/3439

Cocaine

I was always your typical partying type. My friends were more likely to party with marijuana or PCP than just drinking alcohol. Of course we did acid when it was available. But I was always more of an upper kind of person, pot was never interesting to me.

Cocaine on the other hand recently got real accessible to me and what was life like without it? I passed up pot most of the time and waited for someone to ask the question 'What are you straight?' and my answer 'Nah, pot isn't my choice in drugs.' And with the people I somehow end up partying with powder is always on hand. So I got into it casually like when we were really partying. For some reason I always knew I would like it.

I can't really describe the experience because I'm always on it. I get up in the morning for work and do about two lines while I'm getting ready and somehow manage to make it through work without a line. Not that I don't want to only because of the fear of getting caught. I can say that it takes the edge off things at work though. Through the evening I do a line whenever I feel like it. At bedtime I tell myself over and over that it's time to go to sleep. Sometimes I sleep but if I can't I know I have my friend to help me through the next day.

Now on a good party night I'm liable to blow alot of money and need a valium the next morning. Funny that's how it all started was just partying with it. Now it's part of my daily routine. It costs me about $120 a week without a party night. If there is a party night I spend that much in that night alone. Funny again I said this would never be me. I'm dropping tons of cash and can't even remember what I feel like clean. Still don't think it's a problem though. I work, take care of my kid, pay my bills, and still have money to spend even though I spend alot on my best friend 'Powder.'

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 3439
Published: Dec 17, 2001Views: 9,953
Cocaine (13) : Addiction & Habituation (10), Retrospective / Summary (11), Various (28)