New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Contribute $50 or more and get a piece of displayable
blotter art. These look great framed on the wall !
Permanently Peeping
LSD
by Pookyhead
Citation:   Pookyhead. "Permanently Peeping: An Experience with LSD (exp3455)". Erowid.org. Oct 24, 2000. erowid.org/exp/3455

oral LSD

I still can't decide if I am bothered by the permanent marks LSD use has left in my life. Any drug will change you, but acid is one whose scars are most noticeable. I have only tripped acid a total of six times, and yet I suffer from flashbacks almost all the time. The most common problem is trails. Every time I walk through a doorway or pass a piece of furniture or similarly shaped object, especially from a light area into dark, I see very noticeable purplish metallic trails. This happens every day, several times a day. I can look at things sober and know what it would look like tripping, where the shadows and highlights would be. One time I saw a girl with a tie-dye gray shirt on, and I got sucked into it. My heart rate went up, my head got tingly, and for the life of me I couldn't tell if her shirt was wet in certain areas or what. This lasted for much longer than it should have. I have had moments where I get that tripper mentality, that half-afraid, half-fascinated feeling where you think people are doing things on purpose, just to trip you out, because they know you're fucked up. One time I could have sworn I saw, and HEARD someone in my bathroom brushing their hair. I thought it was absurd, because there was no light on in there. But I could make out shapes in the darkness, I could see an arm moving up and down, I could hear the clicking of the brush on the counter.....my heart was pounding. Finally I got up and looked, and there was no one in there. Who knows what weird flashbacks lay ahead.
I would hate to say never trip acid, because it is very unique, and under the right circumstances, very fun. Who knows why it has affected me this way. It doesn't really bother me, but I could do without it. My suggestion would be, trip balls once or twice, and be done with it. It's cool to look at the world in a different light after trying a new drug, but in this light.....well, let's just say there are better ones.

Exp Year: 1998ExpID: 3455
Published: Oct 24, 2000Views: 5,762
LSD (2) : Unknown Context (20), Post Trip Problems (8), Retrospective / Summary (11)