Subjective Effects of Psychedelics Survey
Researchers at the Psychedelic Research Lab at
Monash University, Australia are conducting a survey
about the subjective effects of classic psychedelics
(LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, & MDMA).
My Time with the Seeds
H. B. Woodrose
by The Novice
Citation:   The Novice. "My Time with the Seeds: An Experience with H. B. Woodrose (exp35631)". Erowid.org. Dec 18, 2007. erowid.org/exp/35631

repeated oral H.B. Woodrose (seeds)

Wanting to experience a psychedelic, during my first year of college my roommate and I ordered Hawiaan Baby Rosewood seeds. This eventually led to four years of experimentation with psychedelics and other drugs. All said I did H.B.W.R. 3 times, acid twice, X twice, and I smoked pot until it became commonplace (what a way to make your life boring).

Anyway, about the H.B.W.R. First, I feel that I have lost memory capacity due to this drug. I, of course, cannot confirm this. However, I believe it strongly enough to reccomend against anyone taking these seeds. Before I ever experimented I really had a mind for retaining facts (no matter how useless), and now I feel that it is difficult to retain the simplest information. For instance, I really have trouble with driving directions that are more than a few steps if I do not write them down. Albeit I was smoking pot most of this time, but I have not smoked in a couple months and I am still plagued with these memory problems.

Anyway, about H.W.B.R. -- well, at the best of times I felt a connection with everyone. I arrogantly thought those who had taken them were enlightened, and those who had not were innocents -- unenlightened. At the worst of times -- I was violently puking. The actually--intelligent probably thought -- 'He is puking, therefore what he ingested was probably a bad decision.'

What I remember most clearly about all the experiences, was the feeling of steadfastness. Unlike acid, when I was on H.W.B.R. I felt like my bed was my home. In fact, the force of gravity was so apparent that I felt that I was being forced to lay down when I sat on my bed, or forced to sit when i stood above a chair. This was fortunate because it quelled my desire to seek out 'bigger and better things' and forced me to explore exactly what I was experiencing at the moment. Both times I did acid I felt compelled to immediately drop anything I was doing with the hope that what was next would be more exciting.

At any rate, my three experiences with H.W.B.R. were all positive but I feel they may of had lasting negative effects. Maybe I will take H.B.W.R. once or twice more in my life but no more.

Exp Year: 1997ExpID: 35631
Published: Dec 18, 2007Views: 11,940
H.B. Woodrose (26) : Post Trip Problems (8), Health Problems (27), Not Applicable (38)