Frame by Frame
Salvia divinorum (2X Extract)
by Rob
Citation:   Rob. "Frame by Frame: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (2X Extract) (exp35662)". Erowid.org. Jan 5, 2021. erowid.org/exp/35662

smoked Salvia divinorum (extract)

First Time Amazing

First off, I think this would've been much better with about a gram of 5x, the 2x really didn't do much for me except make my head feel really heavy. Also, a water pipe might make it easier to get everything in at once and hold it for best results. I was using a metal pipe and it really didn't cut it.

After trying the 7x, I remember setting the pipe down, counting off the thirty seconds, exhaling...then I raised my hands and was engulfed by white light.

I experienced something I've never felt before, time SLOWED DOWN. I was moving my hands in front of my eyes, and was viewing the motion frame by frame. They seemed to be moving in trails, and the music in the background was playing note by note. As it began wearing off (roughly 5-10 minutes, I think it would've been longer had I used the proper pipe) I could feel myself 'returning' to my body, some control came back and I was able to realize where I was again.

I take the entire experience as a realization of humans in time's passage. The impressions we leave on a place in time are etched in, and we don't realize this because of the passage of time. How often does one view reality in nanoseconds?

This has been the most incredible experience. I will be trying it again, but because of the potency it won't be for a while.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 35662
Published: Jan 5, 2021Views: 315
Salvia divinorum (44) : General (1), Unknown Context (20)