Thinning Out Your Physical Library?
If you have books or periodicals about drugs, contribute them to Erowid!
Your old books will find a good home in our library or for a supporter. [details]
My Horrible Experience
Leonotis leonurus (homemade resin)
by mellogreen
Citation:   mellogreen. "My Horrible Experience: An Experience with Leonotis leonurus (homemade resin) (exp35863)". Nov 23, 2004.

  smoked Tobacco - Cigarettes (daily)
  1.5 g smoked Leonotis leonurus (tar / resin)


I recently bought a lb of wild dagga leaves from a well known vendor. I was looking for a cannabis like high that they promise. I tried smoking the leaves but they were horrible tasting like molasses and rubber. Smoking the leaves didn't give me any effects, except a gross green dagga phlem, and a sore throat.

So I decided that I would put the leaves in a bowl and let them soak for a day. I strained the leaves out and boiled the water down till it was resin/tar on the bottom of the pan. I was excited, and was looking forward to a buzz. I smoke cigarettes daily, and had smoked cannabis (4 hits) about 3 hours prior to trying out my dagga resin. I was in a positive mood and upbeat about the experience to come. I had sampled dagga resin from an online vendor before and liked the experience. So I anticipated a nice high.

I collected all the sticky resin and ended up with about 5 or 6 grams. I packed about 2 to 3 bowls of this dagga resin (about a gram each) and smoked it with my girlfriend 'Daisy'. It seemed to come on very slow, every thing seemed a little off-kilter, I was watching tv and everything seemed stranger than normal reality. About 20 minutes after smoking a strong sedation started taking effect. 10 minutes later I felt dizzy and my stomach was starting to be upset. I tried falling asleep, but I was so nauseated I couldn't, I started getting chills although I was under a heavy blanket. I jumped in a hot shower, I felt very disorientated, and couldn't focus on anything. I attempted sleep a second time, and every thing I thought about made me sick to my stomach literally. Every thought made me want to puke. Well I puked about an hour and a half after the initial smoking.

This was definitely not fun, not recreational and not something I ever wanted to experience again. I never want to hear the word dagga again. The following morning I felt almost normal, and the first thing I did was throw the resin away.

I do not know what caused this horrible reaction. Maybe it was the large amount I smoked. Maybe it was how I prepared it. Maybe it was the amount of tar that my lungs endured. What I do know is that it was one of the worst experiences I have ever had.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 35863
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given 
Published: Nov 23, 2004Views: 30,991
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
Leonotis leonurus (119) : Overdose (29), Hangover / Days After (46), Difficult Experiences (5), Small Group (2-9) (17)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission prior to your downloading the data.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults