More than 2 million people use Erowid every month.
During the pandemic, only 70 of those contribute $1 or more.
Donations are down significantly. Please Contribute.
Emergency Trip
5-MeO-DiPT
by Jorgisven
Citation:   Jorgisven. "Emergency Trip: An Experience with 5-MeO-DiPT (exp36193)". Erowid.org. Aug 23, 2006. erowid.org/exp/36193

23 mg oral 5-MeO-DiPT (powder / crystals)

After taking a sample of approx. 23 mg of 5-MeO-DiPT (foxy), I found myself with feelings of paranoia, like someone was watching me. The motion trails very slightly disconcerting though with bright lights they became entertaining. Dark shadows were much more scary and disturbing. Looking up at clouds and into the trees in a forest, shapes started forming in a sinister manner. Dark angels, skulls, demonic butterflies, and evil looking faces were the only images I was seeing, though personally I was having a good time and was in a positive mood, it was very disconcerting.

After a while, these feelings began to intensify (I had a friend taking it with me), and I became afraid to fall asleep. So much so that I was afraid to close my eyes, even blink. I had the acute feeling I was going to die, and so I had my friend get me to the emergency room. I, after all, did not die, but for a while, even while in the emergency room and had been given a relaxant, was convinced my friend had given me something that was going to kill me. It was not a positive experience for me, or for my friend (for having to explain the situation to the doctor and spend the night in the emergency room with me).

As a side note, the body buzz effect and the tactile sensations I got from it were not unpleasant, however.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 36193
Published: Aug 23, 2006Views: 9,395
5-MeO-DiPT (57) : Hospital (36), Bad Trips (6)