Walk on the Wild Side
by Mike
Citation:   Mike. "Walk on the Wild Side: An Experience with 5-MeO-AMT (exp36280)". Erowid.org. Apr 9, 2008. erowid.org/exp/36280

5.0 mg oral 5-MeO-AMT
The first hardcore visual drug I have done was 5-MeO-AMT. Me and 6 of my friends ingested this new chemical at 6-7 pm. We had picked it up at 5 pm an hour earlier and thatís when I popped my first dose inside the kids house. After an hour I wasnít feeling a thing so I thought it would be cool to take another. So when all my friends were on 1 I was a brave kid and ingested one more not knowing the power each cube held.

The new experimental drug was harsh and took 6 hours to start tripping hard on. Since this was the first drug Iíve done higher then weed I had no idea what to except. The night was a blast and we traveled all over town till we came to a common area where we chilled out till 11:30 when three of my friends left to go home. Myself and two other people, Phil and Stephan stuck around because I didnít want to go home this early and neither did they. So when they left I wasnít paying attention as I was more concerned about my hands and how awesome they were. They had a green spark connect each finger giving me my first super power.

As I drank some pop I started throwing a glow in the dark Frisbee with Stephan when Phil came running up the stairs telling us in a scared voice the security guard had come. (We had snuck into this cool common area and didnít even live in the apartments near it. So we would be arrested if he caught us and I had a whole bag of 5-MeO-AMT on me. So we ran into the back turned off the stereo, the TV and put everything back as best we could. Then I shoved the glow in the dark Frisbee into a cabinet and when I came up to look for my friends they were gone.

Then I heard footsteps coming up the stairs I was sacred they got away and left with out me so I can to the balcony and jumped 15 feet down and sprinted to a 3 foot wall that I jumped. When this was all going on the jump seemed like 3 feet and I didnít feel any pain in my legs while the wall seemed 15 feet tall and I was surprised I got over. After I jumped the wall I saw a car speed away and another one follow it. It was my other three friends who were supposed to leave early but they smoked 1st. I ran into the parking lot scared enough to wet my pants cause it was 10 mile walk to my house. I freaked out cause I thought it was a cop who followed my three friends. And there parents knew I was with them so I would have been busted.

When I came back to reality for a sec I saw Phils car was still parked and no security car in sight I went back to the common main door and knocked I scared the shit right out of my them because they thought I left since I was no longer in the upstairs common area. They told me it was some guy weightlifting. So they told me to follow them to a fridge where they had like 75 pops. We carried them to Phils car and sped off. He dropped me off at midnight so I walked dot my family room and started watching the best TV of my life.

Everything was perfect as I started to really trip and see great visuals. I wigged out at about 4 am when I saw a flying head in my family room, which followed me around when my eyes were open or closed. He had three white eyes that spun around as he chuckled at everything I did. I ran into my bathroom and huddled into a corner covering my head. The headless man tortured my soul and drove into my mind and his grasp wouldnít let me go. I was about to give in because the pain was hurting to much when a beam of light shined through my bathroom window. When the beam hit the man he ran off into the depths of my house afraid of the light. When I heard a bird chirp seconds later I regained control of my mind and stood up.

I went back to my family room and glanced a the clock. It was 6:30 am, I had been huddled in my bathroom for two hours, and for anyone who has wigged out this was no 15 min experience. I had never been more scared because I thought of him as a demon from hell who was after my soul. I had no idea it had been two hours but when he started to morph in front of me I tried calling my friends to comfort me. All I got were answering machines, I left a message about what I saw on my friends phone that I didnít even knew I left until the next day.

Anyway when light hit my house and I stood in my family room I tried lying down going to bed but unfortunately I was still tripping and my mind was to awake and riled from the demon. I live close to a park about 400m so I decided to go for a walk and maybe I could clear my mind. On the way I heard people screaming at me to get my attention, I would spin around and squinted my eyes and saw no one there. I kept walking and drifted into the middle of a normally busy road the park was on. I would hear car honks and people yell for me to get off the road. I would run to the grass with a panic look only to see nothing behind me.

I knew that I wasnít goanna be able to handle the road so when I got the park I grabbed an old magazine someone had left and walked to a hill to read. When I was on the hill I heard boots behind me and a very raspy man asked me what I was doing at the park this early and if I was on drugs. I kept reading and said I wasnít breaking curfew and itís rude to assume that all kids up early are on drugs. When he didnít respond I spun my head only to see a couple walking there dog on the other side of the hill. I shook my head and walked to the playground and stared up into the sky. By now it was about 7-7:30 and all the old couples had gathered to the paths to walk around.

I laid down on a slide and stared into the clouds, they soon began to morph into objects and whispered to me what I was doing wrong with my life. I stared for an hour as the clouds told me how to fix my life they slowly drifted away and I screamed I still needed help. Stars from the walking couples only caught me. I jumped off the slide and walked home. When I got back to my family room it was 9am and I could still see small visuals. I lied down on my coach and felt my eyes close at 9:30.

The entire trip lasted 16:30 hours about making it an experience I will always remember. Much more happened that night before I wigged out. My friends and me had a great time and were to happy to describe in words although known of us tripped while hanging out together we all have our own story. Since that night anytime it gets dark weíll still see shadows play tricks on our mind. And to date itsí been about 3 months. One of the coolest visuals was watching a painting melt off my wall onto the floor several times as it would go back to normal when I turned away and looked again.

When the chemicals finished I cant say it was spiritual or helpful but just my mind answering questions I already knew the answers to since every visual I saw was thanks to the drug. In the end I hated everything about it but as days passed I grew gradually more attracted to it remembering the good times with my friends and it was worth tripping for 16 hours. I highly recommend always being with at least one other person on a visual drug. Stay with at least one of your friends through the whole trip.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 36280
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Published: Apr 9, 2008Views: 5,494
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
5-MeO-AMT (104) : Difficult Experiences (5), Nature / Outdoors (23), Small Group (2-9) (17)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults