Flipping into the New Year
5-HTP, Amphetamine, 2C-I & MDMA
Citation:   psy-marshal. "Flipping into the New Year: An Experience with 5-HTP, Amphetamine, 2C-I & MDMA (exp37462)". Erowid.org. Oct 17, 2004. erowid.org/exp/37462

T+ 0:00
150 mg insufflated Amphetamines (powder / crystals)
  T+ 1:00 160 mg oral MDMA (powder / crystals)
  T+ 1:00 12 mg oral 2C-I (powder / crystals)
  T+ 5:30 100 mg oral MDMA (powder / crystals)
Set: Up for a good party, as always on New Years

Setting: A medium sized town hall in a small village (~300 people) about Ĺ hour from the big city where I live. Our local Goa team organized what turned out to be an incredible and harassment free party with great music, brilliant decor and a super vibe the whole time.


Before venturing out for what was set to be a really great New Years with all the people I love to party with, I carefully measured 160 mgs. MDMA together with 10~12 mgs 2ci in a gel cap. I had pre-loaded with 350 mgs. 5-htp spread throughout the course of the evening. I also had approximately 150 mgs. of impure amphetamine, intranasal, before leaving to go to the party.

We arrived at the party at about 11:30 and I swallowed the capsule shortly thereafter. At midnight, we all went outside to watch the fireworks and I could feel that there was definitely something building. By about 12:30, I was back inside, but I started to feel incredibly nauseas and ran outside again to be alone for a moment. This is only the second time I have been sick from a chemical, but I think my stomach was simply not prepared for the bombardment of so many harsh chemicals all at once. I realize now I would have been better off splitting the dose. I ran behind some poor, unsuspecting farmerís house and lost it right near his chicken pen. (I realized then however, that I was not at all alone; that there were a few others in the same condition spread across the snowy landscape, so there must have been some very good stuff going around that night.) Thereafter, I felt 100 times better and returned inside to party, although I was sad and worried that I had lost all my drugs into a purple puddle of slime melting itís way into the snow. Oh well. (Thankfully, I donít think I lost even one mg.)

Things continued to build for about an hour until I was in such an incredibly blissful state that I am not sure I have ever felt better. The patterns on the decorations looked incredible. The geometric, psychedelic, multi-colored neon sunburst canvas hanging above the dj oscillated, pulsated, radiated and rotated ever so slightly in time with the music. Another large painted canvas of a psychedelic landscape on one of the walls had a fluorescent tree on it that appeared to be growing at the ends of the branches, which were swaying slightly as if blown by some 2D wind. The 2ci really added depth to the colors and created some VERY interesting visual distortions, although did not detract or distract in any way from the wonderfully powerful MDMA experience.

For the first 3 hours, all I could do was dance, as attempted conversations went terribly wrong. First, there is the language barrier, which I usually have no problems overcoming, but the local native language just wasnít making sense to me that night. But even when people spoke English to me, things were confusing the fuck out of me and my answers NEVER seemed to match the question. Attempting to clarify things only made it worse. I know this was not completely one-sided, as other people were in similar - if not further gone - states as myself. The only point I managed to get across accurately was ďIím SO fucked!Ē I decided that it was probably best if I just kept my mouth shut and enjoyed the music.

I also went at one point to a friendís van to have a joint with some of my friends. Things happened which I am 100% sure I saw and heard (2 male friends kissed when no one else was looking, people debated another of our friendís sexuality - while he was present), but when I asked about this later, I was told that none of these events actually happened. I canít be sure whoís memory is correct and whoís is not, but Iím still pretty certain to this day that these things did take place, even though I was thinking at the time 'this can't be happening'.

At around 4:00, I took another 100 mgs. of MDMA. At this point, the venue was so hot that I could hardly bear it and sat down next to a fire door where a small stream of below-freezing air was wafting in through a crack under the door. This became my outpost for a further 2 hours where I was joined by one of my best friends and clubbing buddies who sat there with me and we gushed about what a great party it was, about how much we love each other, about our plans for 2004 and gave each other massages. By this point, communication was far less of a problem and I managed to have many great conversations with other fellow partiers who came to take a break from dancing and enjoy the cool draft. My sense of humor was greatly increased and I felt at times on fire with the witty puns and jokes I was making.

The funniest point of the entire party was going outside in the morning and seeing all the local elderly people out walking their dogs in the brisk morning air and surveying the scene with wild-eyed surprise; completely bewildered by the doof-doof emanating from their (assumedly normally calm and quiet) local town hall at 8:00 in the morning. A few even came inside out of curiosity. I spoke with one lady who claimed to have always wondered what went on at ďone of these rave partiesĒ, and wanted to see first hand. She really seemed to be impressed by the whole scene and spoke with many of the partygoers with sincere interest. She said she wished that people had put as much effort into parties that she had been to in her younger years.

By 12:00 noon, I was back at home and fading fast. After a post-load with 5-htp and a couple of hours chatting to the friends who were crashing at our place, I couldnít stay awake anymore and ended up crashing out in my bed for about 4 hours. I awoke feeling completely refreshed but a little lethargic and spent the next two days on the couch watching DVDs and reminiscing about 2003 and itís fantastic end. There seemed not to be any heavy price associated with this experience in the days following, apart from the expected minor exhaustion resulting from dancing for 12 hours and being awake for over 24.

Conclusion: This is definitely one of the best combinations I have ever had the pleasure of trying. I have read mixed reports about it, but have personally had two experiences that were nothing short of incredible. I think the trick here is to balance the two carefully to make sure that the 2ci does not overpower the experience or over-stimulate the body, instead just to add itís unique flavor to the experience. In a small dose, (around 8-12 mgs, or about half oneís normal dose), 2ci can really add a very interesting touch to the MDMA and can create slight and non-intrusive visual changes which can often be breathtakingly beautiful. Less really is more in this case in my opinion, and that is not something I often preach!

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 37462
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Published: Oct 17, 2004Views: 33,441
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
MDMA (3), 2C-I (172), Amphetamines (6) : Rave / Dance Event (18), Glowing Experiences (4), Combinations (3)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults