Erowid - Honest Global Drug Information
We're an educational non-profit working to provide a balanced, honest look at
psychoactive drugs and drug use--to reduce harms, improve benefits, & support
reasonable policies. This work is made possible by $10, $50, & $100 donations.
Blowing in the Wind
Citation:   CompSci Psychonaut. "Blowing in the Wind: An Experience with 2C-I (exp38021)". Dec 9, 2008.

18 mg oral 2C-I (powder / crystals)
To begin, this trip was completely unexpected; my friend had ordered a gram of 2C-I two weeks previous, and it had not yet arrived when I woke up that Saturday morning. So, not expecting to try the drug that day, I had done .3 grams of coke earlier that day, and had eaten a full dinner about two hours before. Then, around 7PM, my friend C IM's me frantically, telling me 'We need to find a scale, we need to find a scale!'. Our 2C-I had arrived.

We went to a friend's house and weighed out a single 18 mg dose; I was the only one trying it that night. I mixed the powder into a cup of water until it had all dissolved, and drank the cup. I also started my watch, to figure out how long it would take to kick in. We drove home and started playing some video games to take my mind off the waiting.

Around 20 minutes after drinking the water, the first strange thing I noticed was that my stomach felt funny. As I said, I hadn't had a particularly well-planned dinner (usually I have fruit / salad before a trip, this time it was chicken, potatos, etc), so that might have explained it. It wasn't nausea or anything, my stomach just felt different.

At t=.5 hours, I begin to have a hard time focusing on things. I would look around and have to keep changing my focus. Once again, nothing bad, just something new. At t=.75 hours I looked at the ceiling and realized the drugs had begin to fully kick in. The visuals were amazing; I've taken 2g of good shrooms before, and this was beyond what I have gotten from those. I could see bright Mayan-like paintings floating around on the ceiling, shimmers everywhere, floor tiles that were speckled swirled all around (a peice of advice: use the bathroom BEFORE the onset of this, or any other psychedilic; a dorm bathroom isn't the best place to enjoy my trip).

The thing that got me the most about the visuals (note: I've never tried LSD) was that I actually saw things that weren't there / weren't happening this time. It started (around t=1 to t=1.5 hours) with me seeing the curtains waving back and forth in the wind, but after consulting 3 of my friends, and actually physically holding the curtains, I realized they were completely still. When I decided to lay on my bed to look out the window for a moment, I looked at my bed and a bunch of messed-up sheets turned into four chameleons sitting there, staring at me. After getting up and blinking a few times they disappeared; they were certainly enjoyable though. Later that night (t=2 hours) I also saw some mild trails in my vision.

At t=1.5 hours, C and I decided to take a walk back to his apartment. It was Dad's weekend, and a Saturday night, so it was certainly interesting to see the usual lines at the bars filled with the normal drunkards and their parents. Even at this point, tripping hard, I was able to hold completely coherent conversations with my friends. The mental confusion I usually associate with shrooms was simply absent, and I must admit I enjoyed it not rearing it's ugly head.

After I had gotten a bit more used to the visuals, I noticed the body high. It wasn't quite as intense as ecstasy, but it was definitely there at the time. My friends tell me I described it as 1/2 to 3/4 the strength of ecstasy, which I suppose is fairly accurate. It made my body feel great, and I was completely comfortable with what was going on around me. I was around C's roommate, who I generally don't like ALL that much, and understood / enjoyed his company much more than usual; that feeling has carried over past the trip to a degree, much like ecstasy.

Around t=5 hours, things were still moving around when I looked at the tiled ceiling, but most of the effects were gone. I felt completely fine, no adverse side effects / hangover at all. C and I went back to my dorm and smoked a hitter and proceeded to get wasted. The next morning, after all the drugs I'd put in my body the previous day, all I had was a slight hangover from the alcohol.

I really try and refrain from encouraging people to try any drug, but my 2C-I experience was great. We paid $300 for a gram of the stuff, enough for 55 17mg doses, which makes each dose $6-$8 apeice; in my opinion, this drug is much more worth it than shrooms, although each has their place. I hope any of you trying it as well will enjoy it as much as I did.

Take care, and remember, be informed!

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 38021
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Published: Dec 9, 2008Views: 4,934
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
2C-I (172) : First Times (2), Glowing Experiences (4), Alone (16)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults