Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
My One True Love
Oxycodone (Oxycontin)
by Christine
Citation:   Christine. "My One True Love: An Experience with Oxycodone (Oxycontin) (exp38314)". Erowid.org. Jun 25, 2007. erowid.org/exp/38314

repeated insufflated Pharms - Oxycodone (ground / crushed)

I was introduced to it my freshman year in high school. I am a junior now and Iíve spent the last two years putting all the spare change Iíve had up my nose.

Let's just say I started out doing maybe 10 or 20 milligrams a day and I've gone up to doing 80 a day and not just doing a few lines, I've started shooting up, only because it's new and it kicks it in much faster, and Iím trying to convince myself it's just a phase. I lost a lot of weight (which I was actually quite happy about), my skin and eyes look like crap though. Just so tired and worn, and a constantly itchy nose. In the last 6 months Iíve spent about 1,500 dollars on it and it's sent a very good friend of mine to jail and a few others to the methadone clinics.

But the fact is, it still is wonderful and I can't really stop. I've finally been able to tone down my usage, and only use in large amounts once or twice a month. These fun little parties that I throw for my nose are so much better when I haven't done any in two weeks. I've decided that I love oxy and I don't really regret anything except that someday when I look back on my high school years I fear I will realise I spent them all consumed in an addiction.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 38314
Published: Jun 25, 2007Views: 12,237
Oxycodone (176) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Health Problems (27), Addiction & Habituation (10), Various (28)