Causes Depression
Blue Lotus
by Thd
Citation:   Thd. "Causes Depression: An Experience with Blue Lotus (exp38435)". Erowid.org. Mar 9, 2007. erowid.org/exp/38435

oral Lotus/Lily - Nymphaea nouchali var caerulea (tea)
    oral Alcohol (liquid)

I've tried Blue Lotus many times.

I make tea with around 3 or 4 grams, sometimes while smoking a cigarette of crushed flowers. I boil the plant material 3 times, even if the 3rd time doesn’t seem to extract anything.

1 hour after having drunk the tea , I often drink some beer or, more rarely, wine. alcohol is powerfully synergetic with lotus.

I really like the peaceful buzz.

But, sometimes the next day, sometimes later, I feel very depressed and negative. It happens almost every time. I'm really sad for 36 hours, and then I come back to normal again. Depression has a quality of its own which makes that I'm 100% sure that Lotus causes it, or at least plays a part in it.

Also, Blue Lotus gives a particular hangover when a lot of alcohol is drunk at the same time.

Tolerance and addictive potential seem weak.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 38435
Published: Mar 9, 2007Views: 10,316
Lotus/Lily - Nymphaea nouchali var caerulea (105) : Depression (15), Combinations (3), Alone (16)