Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
I'm an Addict
Paroxetine (Paxil) & Various
by Penguin420
Citation:   Penguin420. "I'm an Addict: An Experience with Paroxetine (Paxil) & Various (exp38754)". Erowid.org. May 22, 2008. erowid.org/exp/38754

50 mg oral Pharms - Paroxetine (daily)

I diagnosed myself with social anxiety about a yr ago. I also suffer from some depression. Who doesn't? I had my doc hook me up with some paxil starting at 12.5mg a day for 9 days. The only effects were it was harder to sleep sometimes, nothin too bad. Doc upped me to 25mg a day for 9 more days, I still wasn't getting the best sleep but I start waking up with a strange buzz, even after I hadn't done shit the nights before. Things were changin throughout the day. Usually I didn't leave my house without gettin cleaned up, but I was finding myself caring less about my appearance and actions both. I was really changing to not give a fuck what ppl might be thinkin and shit.

I went back to the doc. I told him I was only feelin it a tiny bit so he upped me again to 36.5 for 2 weeks. I was sleeping better and feelin the shit work hardcore day to day
I really don't give a fuck about the world too much at this point. I got a general sense of 'Everything's gonna be OK.' Well I'll tell ya my life is not ok. I'm lookin at prison right now yet somehow I keep wakin up happy. It's a crazy drug. It's like a mild cannabis buzz throughout the whole day.

I went back to the doc and somehow talked him into 50mg a day. Man this shit is addicting. I can tell I'm on too much but I don't wanna lose my high. 50mg is what I'm still at right now, I've tried takin 75mg but it just fucks wit my head. It is a total buzz all day long. I smoke buds daily too so I usually manage to stay buzzin all day.
Paxil makes me more outgoing, and talkative. It's really a fun drug but I know I'm gonna have to ween off it at some point.

Real quick on drug interactions:

Paxil and cannabis = stronger and longer lasting effects. Every variety of bud simply seems more potent.
Paxil and DXM = pretty much the same trip but my energy level seems up alot more than when I wasn't on paxil.
Paxil and Alcohol = Sometimes I talk too much. I feel more violent as well. I'm never afraid of shit even when I should be.
Paxil and Shrooms = no difference same old crazy ass intense trip.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 38754
Published: May 22, 2008Views: 19,667
Pharms - Paroxetine (148) : Combinations (3), Addiction & Habituation (10), Glowing Experiences (4), Depression (15), Multi-Day Experience (13), Retrospective / Summary (11), Not Applicable (38)