New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Contribute $50 or more and get a piece of displayable
blotter art. These look great framed on the wall !
Gag Reflexes
Morning Glory
by Andy
Citation:   Andy. "Gag Reflexes: An Experience with Morning Glory (exp38977)". Apr 10, 2008.

700 seeds oral Morning Glory (ground / crushed)
  1 cig. smoked Tobacco - Cigarettes (plant material)
This was my first and last time with morning glory seeds. I was looking forward to it hoping that it would be a nice trip, nausea and leg cramps were expected and I prepared by taking some anti nausea medication that I don't recall and when leg cramps started I used some leg cramp medication which worked well. I made some mistakes which I think made the experience worse.

I had spent a few days reading about morning glory and figured I was ready for it. I walked over to the hardware store early in the morning, as I enjoy being outdoors early in the morning when it's warm. It was a beautiful summer day and I was really looking forward to my first experience with morning glory. When I got to the hardware store I was happy to see the heavenly blues I had heard so much about. I bought the seeds, 6 packets or so, with no questions asked. I went home and counted them tediously. 500 seeds. I called up a friend of mine, Nick, and asked if he would like to join me later on that evening when I planned to take it. He said he wanted to try it with me.

So I waited anxiously till he got there at about 5 pm. We took another walk over to the hardware store and bought the rest of their seeds heavenly blues. I now had 700 seeds for myself (too many, this was my biggest mistake) and my friend did 2 packs. I crushed mine up in a mortar and pestle and injested. Shortly after my friend did too but this experience isn't about him so it doesn't really matter when. We went outside into the woods behind my house, it was getting dark so we built a fire. Soon after that, maybe an hour later, I started to feel a bit sick. Nick was still fine. This is where the 'fun' started.

I was feeling really shitty so we went back inside and left the fire unattended, usually I will never do that, but I was feeling like total crap. I started to get a very weird feeling that intensified throughout most of the night, it is very hard to explain what it was like. I didn't have any psychoactive effects for a long time, just weird body sensations. No closed eye visuals or open eye visuals, no messed up thought patterns or anything.

After watching Nick play 'SOCOM II US Navy SEALS' for a while we went upstairs into my room because I was still getting more sick. I just layed on my bed for 45 minutes or so and then made my way to the bathroom for the impending purge. Purge I did. Five count 'em FIVE times. I didn't know I had that much food in me for I hadn't eaten much that day. After my puking I was feeling lots better but the 'high' wasn't enjoyable at all! I had a cigarette, this could have been a mistake, and that induced the only psychedlic thing that would happen. As I puffed on the cigarette (I had a low tolerance to them at the time) leaned up against the wall of my room I closed my eyes and just let myself go. I saw myself in the same position I was in but I was leaning against a dirty brick wall in some big city with a cigarette. I was older and poor as hell. I think this could represent me trying drugs that I always said I wouldn't do, like cigarettes, cocaine and a few others. It didn't bother me a whole lot, really.

I started to think about typical LSD type thoughts, as I expected since LSA is related, I can't really recall them but my friend Nick couldn't understand what I was talking about when I tried to explain things to him, it was frustrating. I had another cigarette soon after that also but I didn't get anything out of it. Then we went to bed, as my friend didn't want to drive home in his condition.

I woke up and felt alot better. Pupils were still huge, at least 90% dialation. The effects were mostly gone, exept one, which I will get to here in a second. I decided I should drink some water and eat some food from all of the vomiting I did the night before. One problem. I could NOT hold food down at all. Within 3 mins after I ate I would throw everything right back up again. The slightest pressure on my tongue would induce vomiting. I tried to brush my teeth to get the acid residue off of them and to get the taste out of my mouth. But if the toothbrush even touched my tongue or when I tried to brush it I would throw up all over the toothbrush. Disgusting. It took about a day for my gag reflexes to get back to normal.

All in all it was a negative experience but it did have some lessons to teach. 700 seeds was obviously way too many. I don't regret doing it but I will deffinately never do it again.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 38977
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Published: Apr 10, 2008Views: 5,989
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
Morning Glory (38) : First Times (2), Health Problems (27), Hangover / Days After (46), Difficult Experiences (5), Small Group (2-9) (17)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults