Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Excellent Relaxant
Codeine
by Kaba
Citation:   Kaba. "Excellent Relaxant: An Experience with Codeine (exp3918)". Erowid.org. Mar 6, 2001. erowid.org/exp/3918

60 mg oral Codeine (pill / tablet)

I got my first experience with codeine using Tylenol 3. I came home from the doctors after getting knee surgery, and remembered that my grade 9 science teacher had gone funked up one day after taking cough syrup with codeine in it. Since I was bored, I decided to take some myself.

My dosage that time was 2 caplets, which roughly equals 60 mg of codeine phosphate. With just those two, I feel into a very relaxed state. The only way I can describe it is being relaxed beyond belief, a feeling of contentment and warmth on the inside. The effects passed in a couple of hours, and the only side effects I experienced was some itchiness (pretty bad, but I found that sucking on ice chips helps for some reason) and some cramps.

Ive been taking codeine recreationally since then, using the method described in the FAQs. I can get into a nice relaxed state with only 30 mg of codeine now, with Tylenol 1's. I've found codeine's highs to be incredible, but taking it more for the relaxed, contented feeling is better in my opinion. The mixture tastes ***terrible***, but if you mix a little tang or kool aid in, it's not as hard to down.

The side effects I read about here on erowid are pretty common. Some people will experience them, some people won't (it affects different people different ways. My science teacher was throwing up after taking lower doses than me.) It's definitely a great drug to do if you dont suffer any major side effects after experimenting; it's cheap and quite safe.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 3918
Published: Mar 6, 2001Views: 12,957
Codeine (14) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Various (28)