Get the Erowid "Words" T-shirt
Contribute $50 and show support for accurate drug information!
I Was Diagnosed With ADD in Third Grade
Amphetamines
by Magic
Citation:   Magic. "I Was Diagnosed With ADD in Third Grade: An Experience with Amphetamines (exp39316)". Erowid.org. Apr 20, 2018. erowid.org/exp/39316

repeated oral Amphetamines (daily)

I am presently 24 y/o and taking Adderall to get thru med school. I was diagnosed with ADD in third grade and have taken Ritalin or Adderall on and off since. The drugs work wonders. I focus better, have more energy, can do any task I want and be interested in it. I even focus on my sport better. I have noticed the effects become lessÖ helpful with longer use. I donít focus as well w/ a given dose and I actually get less energy. My heart rate goes up a lot after 5 mg. I also get w/drawl effects if I stop cold like Iím tired, apathetic, lazy. My heart rate has gone up a lot recently while taking the meds. Overall, I just try really hard not to become addicted. I think Iím walking a really fine line right now.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 39316
Published: Apr 20, 2018Views: 852
Amphetamines (6) : Not Applicable (38), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Performance Enhancement (50), Medical Use (47), Addiction & Habituation (10), Retrospective / Summary (11)