Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
Stick to Acid
Inhalants - Butane
by ben dover
Citation:   ben dover. "Stick to Acid: An Experience with Inhalants - Butane (exp4074)". Erowid.org. Mar 6, 2001. erowid.org/exp/4074

inhaled Inhalants

[Erowid Note: Our understanding of the literature is that there is no such thing as safe recreational use of volatile solvents, aerosols and other street inhalants : their psychoactive effects are inseparable from nerve and organ damage. We have chosen to include these reports to help document the real world use of inhalants, but their inclusion is not intended to imply that they are anything but dangerous.]

After about two years of daily pot smoking and occassional acid trips, I wanted too experience something more than just a mild high or hallucination. Unlike most of my friends that I did drugs with, I was reluctant to try butane, partly because of all the health warnings and also that it looked like the high was very short lived.

One Saturday night I was really hanging out for a trip, but only had five bucks so I gave in and got some lighter fluid from the petrol station, the dude behind the counter said 'have fun tonight' as I payed for the stuff. My mate was a seasoned butane sniffer and he inhaled for about a minute, taking slow deep breaths through his mouth and exhaling through the nose. I took a slightly smaller dose, twenty seconds into it everything slowed down, the most intense rush sweeped through my chest, by then the trip began and I pictured myself in a room which had four corners, each corner had an image of a dead persons face, eyes wide open, lips chewed of by maggots etc. I was in a completly different world, time seemed to stop completly, the trip seemed like a memory that lasted a lifetime.

Overall I found the butane trip to be more powerfull and mind altering than any other drug, I am still trying to come to grips with what I saw, and what I felt during that horrorfying trip on lighter fluid. All I can say is that butane is completly different from tripping and frequent use will cause profound psychological effects.

Stick to acid
Peace

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 4074
Published: Mar 6, 2001Views: 1,082
Inhalants (29) : Small Group (2-9) (17), First Times (2), General (1)