Donations are Matched in September!
Contribute $10 or more during our annual September
Public Support Drive and get your donation DOUBLED
Help us spread accurate info for harm reduction & benefit enhancement
Ups & Downs
Chloroform
by Drew
Citation:   Drew. "Ups & Downs: An Experience with Chloroform (exp41415)". Erowid.org. Jul 2, 2008. erowid.org/exp/41415

25 ml inhaled Chloroform (liquid)

A friend working as a student tech in our biological sciences lab gave me a vial of chloroform -- it was about 25 ml. Willing to try anything at least once, I had a free Saturday to try it out. I did some research on the web but found little about it's recreational use. The goal for this first try was to get high but not to the point of unconsciousness. I decided sitting on a beanbag on a carpeted floor might be the best place to start just in case I got too impaired.

There's not much in the way of preparing to use chloroform. I simply put the vial close to a nostril and inhaled slowly. I am immediately aware of a sweet taste on the tongue which was more potent if I exhale through my mouth. The mood-altering effect of the liquid is instant. After three shallow inhalations, I could feel my skin warming up. I was very much conscious but had the experience of feeling extracted from the world. I was focusing only on the experience. I decided to breathe in deeply. It was a rush. I was still very much aware but focusing only on what I was doing. It wasn't just light-headed -- I had visual and auditory 'manipulation.' I inhaled twice more deeply then put the cap on the glass vial and set it aside.

There was no unpleasantness to the experience. Using chloroform has one side-effect that was the most positive of all. I realized as I was laying back, that I was having the most intense hard-on in my life. I swear to God I thought my dick was growing in width and length. Sex with my girlfriend was great -- she felt her lips (you know which ones) were engorging when she shared the vial. The only down side to the sexual experience is that chloroform wears off fairly quickly.

Another down side to chloroform -- and the one that made me stop using it -- was a medical problem. It seems that chloroform has one long-term problem -- it really screws up the liver.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 41415
Published: Jul 2, 2008Views: 43,448
Chloroform (250) : Sex Discussion (14), General (1), Small Group (2-9) (17)