Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Triggering Opioid Screen
DXM & Drug Testing
by StigmaShadow
Citation:   StigmaShadow. "Triggering Opioid Screen: An Experience with DXM & Drug Testing (exp41876)". Erowid.org. Dec 10, 2007. erowid.org/exp/41876

repeated oral DXM

The first time I tried it the FX were great and all. About 2 days later I went to my probation office to give a drug screen. I, of course, passed and went home. In my opinion I used much more than a recreational dose. I probably had a bottle every two or three days. About a week later I was due for another and, ofcourse, expected to pass once again. Somehow it had triggered the opiod section of the screen, resulting in a 'violation of probation'.

But last week I started using it again. (Not as frequently) I was sent in for a random drug screen (under the influence :-/). I wasn't sure of what to expect. I was extremely nervous and all. About a few minutes after giving the urine he told me it was all clean. I'm really not sure how to explain this. I know it sounds wild. I didn't fail for the DXM HBr last week. But I failed for DXM Polistirex about 8 months ago. I'm basically just giving out a warning to anyone who plan on trying this. On probation I now take no chances. I will stick with HBr.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 41876
Published: Dec 10, 2007Views: 5,915
Drug Testing (59), DXM (22) : Not Applicable (38), General (1)