Review Erowid at
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" again this year and spread
honest info (good or bad) about psychedelics & other psychoactive drugs.
("Share Your Story" link. Needs quick login creation but no verification of contact info)
I'm Not One of the Lucky Ones
Morning Glory (heavenly blue)
Citation:   Mighty Bop. "I'm Not One of the Lucky Ones: An Experience with Morning Glory (heavenly blue) (exp41960)". Jul 20, 2008.

210 seeds oral Morning Glory (seeds)
I'll give you a little history of my drug history first. I started back in '93 when I was in high school. It was mostly pot and alcohol, then a couple years down the road acid and shrooms were added to the list. Since then I have done coke, a San Pedro extraction, valium and vicodin here and there, along with ecstasy three times. I've never gotten as sick in my entire life as I did with morning glory seeds. I'll never do them again.

It all began about a couple months ago when I was on the net bored and surfing around. I read some reports on different drugs, then happened upon morning glory. I had heard about them before but this time I decided to read more in-depth about them. Basically I covered all the reports and everything else. I thought I had a good understanding. So I ordered 1200 seeds for $11 from an online shop. The description said they were untreated so that a pretty nice addition. They came in the mail about a week later and I just kept them until yesterday when my friend and I finally did them. Before that I did try a couple just to see what they tasted like. It wasn't bad at all, like a nut or something.

It was a really rainy day and the original plan was to go out to some park and walk around but it was too cold and wet for that. We decided to eat them at Ed's apartment and decide after that. Ed's brother Michael was there but left soon after. While I was counting out the seeds, Ed was reading some reports to get a better understanding of everything. Finally I had 250 seeds counted out for each of us. I decided on this amount from reading the report entitled 'Morning Glories for Dummies' which was pretty clear and concise about the whole morning glory experience, in my opinion. We were set.

It was about 3pm. We tried to have empty stomachs before we started but on the way over to Ed's I ate some trail mix I had in my glove box before I realized what I did. 'Doh!' I told Ed about this and since he was starving he had some too. We sat down on the couch with some cartoons on while we began. We had some water to wash it down with. We took a little pinch (about 10 seeds) at a time and chewed them. Pretty hard shells. It wasn't bad until the third or fourth pinch. Pretty soon we couldn't eat anymore. We counted how many we had left. I had forty (I ate 210) and Ed had 60 (he ate 190). We thought we would try and eat some more after awhile so we just left the seeds there and went outside to his front porch to get some air. Even while were eating them I was getting the 'impending trip' feeling. When we got outside I knew I wasn't 'normal' but nothing more than that.

Around this time our stomachs began to feel uncomfortable. It wasn't that bad and it would come and go, but it was persistent. I put on some ambient music to keep things mellow. I kept telling Ed we needed to eat the rest of the seeds but he said no way. I agreed and put them away. Every now and then one of us would go to the bathroom and pretend like we gonna throw up (and we really did feel like it) but we never did. We figured it would eventually end. It never did. After awhile I threw the rest of the seeds away.

I got on the net to pass some time but all Ed could do was lie down. We would alternate between walking around the apartment, going out to the front porch, lying down, almost throwing up (at one point I tried to make myself puke), and just trying to make our stomachs feel better. It had been about 2.5 hours after ingestion. Things did seem like they got a little different but nothing like a 'real' trip. My legs felt heavy, I felt a little drunk while walking around, and sights and sounds were a little 'different'. But throughout the whole thing was the uncomfortableness in our stomachs which tainted the whole experience.

Soon Michael came home and we told him what was up. I had to go meet someone from Craigslist to buy a scanner from later that night so I had to figure out how I was gonna do that. We decided we might wanna eat somewhere so we called up our friend Steven to see if he was hungry. He said he was and he decided to come over. He also agreed to take me up to get my scanner. Steven got there and we were checking out MRE's (Meals, Ready to Eat) on ebay talking about how long they lasted and how Ed had some from the Vietnam war. We did in fact have some on a recent camping trip we got back from and they were awesome. Anyways, soon we were on the front porch getting ready to go. But Ed decided he wasn't ready. We decided Steven and I would go get my scanner and then come back to get Ed and go eat. For some reason it took a really long time to figure all this out. Finally we left.

We started driving up north to my ATM so I could get some cash out. My stomach was still uncomfortable but still manageable. We stopped off to get gas and then we were off again. Soon I couldn't take it anymore. I was looking for a strategic place for Steven to pull over, nice and dark. I guess the car ride was what did it. I had him pull over once so I could try and puke. I couldn't. I thought to myself 'people probably think it's weird that I'm just on the side of the road next to a car with it's headlights on.' I also thought to myself 'Am I having a bad trip?' I got in the car and drove 5 feet before I told him to pull over again. I got out and threw up BIG TIME. Boy did it feel good. My eyes and and nose were all watery too.

So I got back in the car and thought I felt fine. My teeth felt weird grinding them together. And I had a weird metallic-taste in my mouth. I think it was from the stomach acid. We got lost and I had to call the scanner guy for better directions. I was able to talk fine on the phone and get the directions, the whole time my stomach still feeling bad. We came close to the guy's house but I had to get out of the car to try and walk off the queasiness in my stomach. It was drizzling out and I walked by some guy in his yard with a huge Rottweiler, which he was feeling or something. I thought I was attracting too much attention to myself. I walked up to the house, rang the doorbell, and the guy let me in. The guy had a Golden Retriever which was nice and wanted me to play, but I just wanted to get the scanner and get out of there. So I did. I got in the car and we drove off.

But I still felt REALLY BAD. I had Steven pull over so I could try and puke at this gas station, but at a part where people couldn't really see me. My girlfriend called and I gave her directions to Ed's. It was truly unbearable. I felt like I was wasting Steven's time and being stupid for doing such a stupid thing. Just the thought of getting in the car and driving was too much, but I forced myself to do it. I didn't know how long I could last. A couple minutes after we drove off I said 'I gotta get out of here!' Then a few seconds later I was fine. But after we started driving it got bad again. I had him pull over and I puked pretty bad again. It was horrible. Once I was done we drove off and I was just hoping that I would be ok and make it back to Ed's. I made sure there was no music because that definitely was not helping. I had Steve drop me off a couple blocks down the road from Ed's place so I could try and walk off the sickness again. I met Steven in the parking lot and we headed up to Ed's. Michael and Ed were there on the couch. I kept the front door open so I could get fresh air. I decided to go out to my car to chill out and my girlfriend was pulling up as I walked out there. I felt better (mentally) when she arrived :)

We walked upstairs to hang out for awhile but of course I was still feeling bad, so I hung out on the porch. Then I came in and layed on Ed's bed, STILL feeling bad. I just wished it would all go away. After awhile I had my girlfriend come in and lay next to me, but it wasn't getting any better. Pretty soon Ed and Steven decided they were gonna go eat but we decided to stay because I couldn't do it. I just couldn't do anything but lay down. After awhile my girlfriend wanted to leave so we did. I left my car there and we started driving to my place. I just tried to concentrate on not getting sick anymore. And we almost made it before the road started getting too bumpy. I had my girlfriend pull over I and puked again, really bad. When would the madness end??

Fortunately it was the last time. I was hoping passing cars wouldn't think we were doing a drug deal or I was soliciting a prostitute or something (but that would mean I was the prostitute, right?). Anyways, I got in and we drove 5 minutes down the road to my house. We went inside and I layed down and I just wanted to go to sleep. I was finally feeling better. My girlfriend and I talked for awhile before going to sleep. I decided I would never do Morning Glory Seeds again. The next day (today) I felt fine and began writing this report.

In conclusion, I would just like to say that I am glad to have finally tried the seeds. It was not at all what I was hoping for but now I can cross it off the list, as a drug (poison) never to do again, but also one that I can say I have done. The constant uncomfortable feeling in the stomach always overpowered what little effect the seeds did have. I envy all those who actually had a good time. I was hoping to be one of them. But it was not to be. The strange thing is Ed never got sick. But he did eat 20 seeds less than me. Luck may be with you and you will have a good trip. Or maybe not. You'll just have to try it to find out. Just be prepared and when you start throwing up like I did, just know it will all be over soon :)

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 41960
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Published: Jul 20, 2008Views: 6,498
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
Morning Glory (38) : First Times (2), Health Problems (27), Difficult Experiences (5), Small Group (2-9) (17)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults