individuals who have used a psychedelic while in a
romantic relationship, for an anonymous survey.
Both individuals & couples are invited to participate.
First Time's the Best
MDMA (Ecstasy, E, X)
by Timalyn
Citation:   Timalyn. "First Time's the Best: An Experience with MDMA (Ecstasy, E, X) (exp421)". Erowid.org. Jul 13, 2000. erowid.org/exp/421

oral MDMA (pill / tablet)

I had wanted to do Ecstacy for a long time. So when my roommate scored some I was 'x'static. (Excuse the pun). We went to a house where we knew everyone was going to be rolling too (which I highly recommend). We dropped our pills at about 10:30. Luckily, we had a few bowls to keep our minds off the time. About 45 minutes later, I sat down and that's when it hit me. I didn't just gradually ease into my trip, I was thrust into it. All of a sudden my breath became really deep; I felt like I had to breath more often and more deeply. Most of the people there were really low key, but for some reason it effected me differently. I couldn't stay still. I was going though cabinets and jewelry. The most bizzare thing about the effects was it made my eyes wiggle. Let me make that a little clearer...my eyes would shake uncontrollably. After about an hour they settled down a little. I think that night I must have rolled for about 6 hours. Though, the first 3 were the most intense.

About seven days after that my roommate and I decided to roll again but we practicually felt nothing. And we were told by friends that these were supposed to be really good pills. But they had no effect on us. That was a huge disappointment.

More than a month later we rolled again and it was a good experience but nothing like the first time. It also took about an hour and a half to effect me. And once again, my eyes went crazy and twitched a lot.
I had always heard that the days following an Ecstacy experience you would feel depressed and uneasy. But with me it's exactly the opposite. I'm usually in a better mood than normal in the following days.

And one more thing if you know your are going to roll a day or so in advance, try not to eat at least 6 or 7 hours before you drop the pill. That, I think, makes it work faster and seems to make it more potent.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 421
Published: Jul 13, 2000Views: 3,658
MDMA (3) : Small Group (2-9) (17), First Times (2)