Ltd Ed 'Solve et Elucido' Art Giclee
This reverberating psychedelic giclee print is a gift for a
$500 donation to Erowid. 12" x 12", stretched on canvas, the
image wraps around the sides of the 1" thick piece. Signed
by artist Vibrata, and Erowid founders Earth & Fire.
Some Love It, Some Loathe It
by CJ
Citation:   CJ. "Some Love It, Some Loathe It: An Experience with Methamphetamine (exp42257)". Jul 23, 2008.

1.5 bowls smoked Methamphetamine (powder / crystals)
  0.5 bowls smoked Methamphetamine (powder / crystals)
Okay first of all, I am not a big time drug user, I drink more than anything else and will smoke weed here and there, nothing too big. So if my terms are wrong, I apologize.

It was about a month ago that I first tried meth. My friend, we'll call her M, called me up and asked if she knew of a place she could smoke. Normally assuming that she had meant weed I said that she could come over my house, due to my parents do not mind drugs/alcohol use in our home. She came over with a few people and I started setting up my room so all the stench would be gone quickly until she said 'What are you doing? This isn't weed.' And I saw her loading white crystal looking things into the stem. I knew nothing of this and talked with her finding out it was meth, she was an addict of it and I had never known. I had been drinking that night already and she asked me if I wanted some. Being up to anything at that time I took about 3 hits of it and didn't really feel anything for a few minutes. After everyone left my house I stood up and felt a little light headed and the world moved just a tad, nothing major. I mellowed out a lot and thought it was a great drug, I fell asleep easily too.

The next morning I woke up for school right on time. I had gotten a great night sleep, I paid much more attention in school and was over all a bit more aware of life. Later that evening M called me up once again and asked if just me and her would like to smoke some more meth. So I picked her up and was very anxious to do the drug again. I felt euphoria last night and thought the same would happen today. She loaded it up and we each smoked it. After the first bowl I felt nothing, we smoked another, and then finally one last one. I still felt nothing and I had to take her home. Finally I stood up and felt like I was flying. 'That's the feeling right there!' She said. I felt like I had found a new sense to be alive and enjoyed everything I did.

[Erowid Note: Driving while intoxicated, tripping, or extremely sleep deprived is dangerous and irresponsible because it endangers other people. Don't do it!]

I drove her home and she told me to come pick her up at midnight after she goes with her boyfriend and we can do some more so I dropped her off and my journey of how it felt began. I felt incredible, absolute heaven. I am normally a very angry person, and no matter how much I tried to get the slightest bit angry I couldn't do it, I was completely happy. I put on some Pink Floyd and sang along in the car, happy as all hell to be alive and existing. I drove for the whole time she was away and called a lot of friends, I noticed that meth makes me want to talk incredibly, it doesn't matter to who or what, I just want to talk. I picked up some friends, drove people places without a problem, they knew I was twacked up and liked how incredibly nice I was being.

Finally M called me back up and I thought I felt the meth wearing off so we came to my house and smoked another bowl and I dropped her off for the night and went to my friends house. This is the only problem I encountered while on it because I talked the entire night to 3 sober people, they were telling me to shut the hell up after a while. I stayed up until 6 am, not one bit tired, not one bit hungry, I didn't worry of this. But it was obvious that the drug had worn off. I went to school and tried to relax in a desk (I only had 1 hour) and thought I slowly felt my muscles coming back to me. As if they were falling from the air and back into their places. I thought I had sobered up.

Many a time had my meth friends told me that the 'comedown' was the hardest part of the ordeal. I thought that feeling of my limbs floating back was it, big deal! I handled it! I hadn't even begun to get there yet. I came home at 11 am from school and suddenly started to shiver. I couldn't get warm no matter how hard I tried. My body turned pale and my inner thighs looked as though they had been eaten away by some virus. This is where I started to do something you shouldn't do on any drug. Panic. I started to get nervous, my hunger wasn't returning, my sleep wasn't coming back. My heart began racing more and more. I paced around my room feeling as though I was going to die, my breathing became shallow and VERY hard to breathe. I called M and asked her if this was normal. She told me that the drug was going to take sometime coming out of me and to just relax.

I didn't have any weed, otherwise I would have smoked it and calmed down. Time seemed to move slower and my paranoid of death or permanent damage moved to a height greater than anything else I had ever had. Eating became HELL, even a bowl of soup, a small piece of pizza, some chips, that became a chore, something that felt like I was going to throw up after each chew. I couldn't believe this was happening to me. When I would lay down, I'd lay for hours and hours until I just got up knowing that I wasn't getting anywhere closer to falling asleep. I would only fall asleep after 4 Tylenol PM. This all lasted for four days.

I was going insane and starting to loose my hair by the last day. I began to see things such as bursts of light and screaming faces in glass reflections. I had lost nearly 10 pounds from not eating a thing, my eyes remained barely open from no sleep, but no matter HOW hard I tried I couldn't eat or sleep. I would have preferred death to this. This was hell on earth and I couldn't understand why ANYONE would want this drug. I noticed that the term 'tweeker' came into affect here. My body would suddenly jolt WAY more than your average muscle spasm and this would go on for minutes. I would suddenly grip things with no sense of why I was doing it. My jaw would grind down at my teeth and there was no control over any of this.

In total the whole ordeal lasted me about a week. I had a horrible experience with it and to this day shiver when I see it around me or if I taste gatorade (we used that as bong water). I have completely recovered now. Like I said, it took about a week. I finally was able to get some weed on the last day and that made me hungry as hell and allowed me to sleep like a baby. Meth was by far the worst thing that I've done to myself.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 42257
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Published: Jul 23, 2008Views: 14,966
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
Methamphetamine (37) : First Times (2), Hangover / Days After (46), Multi-Day Experience (13), General (1), Various (28)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults