Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Something, But Not Much
Nutmeg (smoked)
by Glycerine
Citation:   Glycerine. "Something, But Not Much: An Experience with Nutmeg (smoked) (exp4243)". Erowid.org. Mar 3, 2001. erowid.org/exp/4243

0.5 bowls smoked Nutmeg

The other night i decided to try to smoke nutmeg after a failed attempt at eating it. I didn't have any cig papers and couldn't get any, so I tried to use tea bags. I rolled a huge blunt with two tea bags and it held together well enough. So I went to llight it up. The shit is harder than hell to burn. The paper lit up and burned and all the nutmeg fell out. I got pissed. I went back inside made a pipe out of foil and a screen and filled it up. I lit it up this time and it took a while, but it worked. I inhaled the thick smoke. It was very thick. The taste was like weed and turpentine. It smelled really strong like weed, wood, and cigerettes. I smoked for about fourty minutes (half the bowl) and decided it wasn't working.

I went inside to watch tv and about ten minutes later my hearing got weird. Kinda like it was muffled but super clear at the same time and I was hearing faint crackling sounds. I got a slight buzz, like a body high from M.J., but there was no change in perception. I was just really mellow with some hearing changes. The buzz lasted for about 40 minutes and then disappeared. The next morning I had a pretty bad headache. All in all, the nasty taste of the smoke and the headache wasn't worth the cheap buzz. I might, but proably won't do it again.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 4243
Published: Mar 3, 2001Views: 18,577
Nutmeg (41) : General (1), Unknown Context (20)