Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
User-Friendly And Not Too Intense
2C-T-21
Citation:   Cactushead. "User-Friendly And Not Too Intense: An Experience with 2C-T-21 (exp42662)". Erowid.org. Jul 16, 2005. erowid.org/exp/42662

7.0 mg oral 2C-T-21 (capsule)
  T+ 2:00 10 mg oral 2C-T-21 (capsule)
Background: Both Malloy and I are very experienced with psychedelics. Weíve explored MDMA, MDA, LSD, mushrooms, mescaline, salvia, 2C-B, 2C-I, 2C-E, DMT, harmaline, 4-HO-DiPT, ketamine, and DXM.

The dose was unknown. I would estimate that over the course of several hours, I took at least 15mgs and Malloy took about 10.

00:00 Ė Malloy and I swallowed a capsule approximately 5-10 mgs each.

1:00 Ė Feeling the first alerts. My body is beginning to feel slightly warm.

2:00 Ė Iím in a good mood. Iím feeling slightly more sociable than usual. Iím noticing mild after-images as well,; nothing spectacular, but theyíre noticeable. Everything Iíve read indicates that the trip reaches itís peak around the two hour mark. Iím on an empty stomach and Malloy ate a half hour after his first dose. Since thereís not a hell of a lot going on by now, weíve decided to eat some more. I packed him a second dose (probably 5-7 mgs) and I ate another dose as well (probably 10mgs.)

2:30 Ė I decide to eat a calzone full of chicken and jalapenos. It was delicious. However, I began to feel slightly nauseous, so I saved the second half for later.

3:00 Ė I have a good body high, somewhat comparable to 2C-B, MDE, or mescaline. Emotionally, I think this drug is also comparable to MDE, 2C-B, or a mild dose of MDMA. This is characterized by mild waves of euphoria and giddiness as well as a general sense of well-being. There are very subdued visuals as well, mostly consisting of mild crawling; obviously, visuals are not one of 2C-T-21ís strong suits. Mentally, I feel very clear-headed. My thought processes are no different than they would be if I were sober. Music sounds deeper and fuller than usual as well; it also sounds like the music and the lyrics are expressing more emotion than usual. I am feeling fairly warm, but I do not notice any negative side effects whatsoever. So far, I like this substance.

4:30 Ė Both Malloy and I are feeling the effects more than before. When trying to compare the drug to others, Baker describes 2c-t-21 as most similar to a mild dose of ecstasy. He is experiencing a positive mood push, some tension in his jaw, an electric and friendly body high, and very mild visuals.

I decided to smoke some pot. Usually this makes me trip a lot harder, and it often alters the mental effects (sometimes for better and sometimes for worse.) I feel that this substance is mild and friendly enough that I donít need to worry about throwing some THC into the mix. So far, I am finding the substance to be most comparable with 2C-B; although itís even more clear-headed than 2C-B and the body high is slightly weaker. Ever since I ate that calzone, I have felt slight nausea. I am still feeling warm. The body high is pleasant overall, although I have been getting mild pains in my chest from time to time. However, this could be a result of the pot as Iíve found this to be fairly common when I smoke pot on hallucinogens. I feel fairly energized yet somehow sedated at the same time. The pot has kicked up the visuals quite a bit. Right now, they are similar to a mild dose of mescaline and most other phenethylamines. As Iíve noticed with all phenethylamines, one of the primary visual effects is a distortion of distance. For example, if Iím watching TV, some parts of the picture seem to float towards me, while other parts of the picture seem to float further into the TV. However, these effects are much more subdued on 2C-t-21. This drug seems to pronounce any emotions being felt, although it seems to have a little push towards positivity.

This feels like the phenethylamine version of 5-MeO-DALT. The body high is usually pleasant, but I have had mild nausea and occasional chest pain ever since the pot and spicy calzone. Iím not alarmed, but it is sometimes uncomfortable. Emotionally it is a mixed bag as well. For the most part, I feel euphoric, things are incredibly amusing, and I feel empathetic; yet at the same time, there is a small part of me inside that feels bleak and grim. The duality of emotions is very strange. Perhaps next time I will see what the drug does without introducing pot.

6:40 Ė I no longer feel any nausea or physical discomfort. I feel really relaxed, content, and just an overall sense of well being. Whatever little bit of bleakness that I felt earlier has completely dissolved into a sense of peace and mild euphoria. I am still getting some mild visuals, but as expected, they never developed into anything too impressive. This is probably one of the most recreational psychedelics Iíve ever done. It is so easy on the mind and body that there doesnít seem to be anytime that would be inappropriate to take this substance. Overall, I would compare this drug to 2C-B, MDE, and 5-MeO-DALT. If I had to compare it to one of the more typical psychedelics, Iíd say it is like a small dose of ecstasy.

Iím going to try eating some more of that calzone. If it makes me nauseas again, then weíve all learned a valuable lesson about mixing spicy and/or greasy foods with 2c-t-21.

Well, I couldnít finish it. Something about the calzone has made me nauseas again. I gave the rest to my roommate. Iíve decided to smoke more pot, and it has mixed very nicely. No paranoia, no chest discomfort; just feelings of relaxation and amusement.

Conclusion: I went to bed sometime around 10 hours after the initial dose. I had no problems sleeping. The only negative effect was that the muscles in my back felt tight when I went to sleep. Today I feel completely fine. This substance seems to be very user-friendly, easy on the body and mind, and good recreationally. Donít expect anything intense or profound, this substance doesnít work that way. I feel that this is a good substance to take if you want to trip and donít feel like committing to anything too intense. I plan on taking this again, but next time weíll take the same amount all at once. This is yet another drug that the DEA has no reason to criminalize, so I hope it stays that way.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 42662
Published: Jul 16, 2005Views: 11,754
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
2C-T-21 (290) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Glowing Experiences (4), First Times (2)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.