Crushing Light
Salvia divinorum
by Rafterman
Citation:   Rafterman. "Crushing Light: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (exp4329)". Erowid.org. Dec 24, 2001. erowid.org/exp/4329

2 hits smoked Salvia divinorum (extract - 5x)

I read all the experience reports here and other places and decided I'd like to try this legal drug. So I ordered the 5x. I first loaded my pipe with about .05 grams and inhaled the smoke in two hits. I felt a little dizziness and just a general weirdness. I figured I hadn't held in the smoke long enough.

So about 1 hour later I tried again with .08 grams or so. I smoked the first hit and held it for about 30 seconds then the second for about 20. As I exhaled I suddenly found myself standing up. It felt as though I was being forced backwards but I was stuck. It was almost like I lost the third dimension for a while and was stuck on a plane. This is a terrible feeling and I feared that I would be stuck like this. I tried to move, but I could not, then I remembered that I had just done a drug. So I forced myself to move. I then looked towards my two buddies and tried to stop them from smoking any. I never wanted that experience again. I realized that it was light that was pushing me, and the light bouncing off my friendsí bodies was smashing into me. The stereo was playing Start Me Up and singing about 'you make an old man cry' and I suddenly thought 'I'm the old man' and I blurted it out. It was as though I was trying to remember who I was. I was glad it was short lived because I was shocked by the power of this drug. I smoked once more later in the night and had a much better trip but still the feeling of being smashed.

I think salvia is a great introspective drug. But be prepared for the possibility of a strange smashing feeling. It is quite different from any other drug I've ever experienced.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 4329
Published: Dec 24, 2001Views: 8,614
Salvia divinorum (44) : First Times (2), Difficult Experiences (5), Small Group (2-9) (17)