Erowid relies on the generosity of the public for funding.
Please, include Erowid Center in your charitable giving!
Withdrawn, Nauseated, and Sick
MDA
by RollinMD
Citation:   RollinMD. "Withdrawn, Nauseated, and Sick: An Experience with MDA (exp43449)". Erowid.org. Feb 28, 2017. erowid.org/exp/43449

oral Pharms - Ibuprofen
  T+ 0:00 0.5 tablets oral MDA

MDA Unlike MDMA

I was at a party, it was at a friends apartment and about 10 of us decided to roll. I've taken ďEĒ 4 times before and with the exception of 1 of the experiences, Iíve always had a strong social urge, happiness with extreme sensitivity to feeling. This time the person who got them said they knew the chemist and this wasnít MDMA, but MDA. I had bought 1 pill, it was white, looked like a double stack with a lower case i on it. Not having taken E in a year, comments about the potency and with my light bodyweight, I decided to take only have a Ĺ of a pill around 10:30.

I didnít feel anything for about an hour, and when It started (11:30), I noticed my pupils were dilated, like with a normal E trip. The first sensations I got were ones of anxiousness, and nausea. I also started grinding my teeth real badly. I felt withdrawn and not at all willing to talk with anyone. I thought this unusual, since with MDMA, I am talkative and feel like mingling. I noticed I was not becoming more sensitive to feeling like other trips. When I would talk with people I felt warm towards them, I was very happy and very flirtatious.

Around 12 I began to feel better and began to dance. After dancing I became extremely hot and need air. At 1 I noted periods of chills and hotness. I also realized that after drinking plenty of water that I wasnít going to the bathroom like I should. On MDMA I would stay awake and alert for about 6 hours without need to sleep or eat. With MDA I felt tired, I was experiencing waves of extreme energy and fatigue.
I was experiencing waves of extreme energy and fatigue.
Around 2:00 I felt nauseated again and withdrawn, more chills and I had not used the bathroom in an hour. Now I noticed visual distortions, like things wiggling on the walls, and sensitivity to light.

Around 2:30 My ride decided to go home, so I left. Unfortunately my bladder decided to feel full and every little bump made me feel like I was going to explode. Round 2:45 I began to feel numbness all over my body. I got home around 3, and by that time I felt it had worn off for the most part. I was extremely tired and was afraid to go to sleep with the numbness still present. I took my pulse, it turned out be 76, not bad. My temperature was low at 97.4, and I was still experiencing teeth clenching, chills, some visual waviness and rapid eye movement. It wasnít till 4:30 that my body finally gave up and I feel asleep.

I woke up the next morning, around 12, with the headache from hell. I took Ibuprofen, and a hour later my headache went away. I still felt some numbness in my limbs and face, as well as, fatigue, nausea, and dizziness. I Got some Gatorade, but that didnít help with the symptoms. I felt extreme nausea, and it was a family picnic that day. I had no appetite, and I laid down. It wasnít till 3 that day, when I began to feel better.

I didnít find any satisfaction from MDA. I like the sensitivity and openness that comes with MDMA. I felt withdrawn, nauseated, and overall sick. I took it the other night and still feel off. Iíve never had negative feelings linger so long as it did with MDA. I donít think I ever want to try this again.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 43449
Published: Feb 28, 2017Views: 2,143
MDA (34) : General (1), Difficult Experiences (5), Hangover / Days After (46), Large Group (10+) (19)