Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Big, Fast and Loud!
Cacti - T. pachanoi
by Hela
Citation:   Hela. "Big, Fast and Loud!: An Experience with Cacti - T. pachanoi (exp43838)". Erowid.org. May 3, 2018. erowid.org/exp/43838

5 in oral Cacti - T. pachanoi (plant material)

Some guy I knew, way back when had ordered a San Pedro cactus off the internet. A bunch of us went over to his house to try it. Since we didn't have the patience to boil it, or whatever one does to extract the psychoactive chemicals, we just cut off the spikes and ate it raw. Actually, we made spaghetti and mixed chunks of cactus with marinara sauce. It didn't help mask the harsh, sour taste.

Once I grew accustomed to the taste, I ate a few more slices of cactus, plain. About an hour later, colors got brighter, the objects in the room took on a cartooney shine. I was more perceptive of shapes. For example, there was this Marlboro ad on the wall and I found the outline of a penis in the cowboy's face.

Everything got bigger, faster and louder, vast and overwhelming, sort of like when I was a small child. I remember, during the ride home being absolutely fascinated with semi trucks on the highway. The roar of the engine, the hum of the tires, the blinking lights. Everything was fun and amazing.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 43838
Published: May 3, 2018Views: 834
Cacti - T. pachanoi (64) : Small Group (2-9) (17), First Times (2), General (1)