Erowid - Honest Global Drug Information
A Welcome Tranquility
Clonazepam
by Ernest
Citation:   Ernest. "A Welcome Tranquility: An Experience with Clonazepam (exp45000)". Erowid.org. Apr 6, 2018. erowid.org/exp/45000

1 glass oral Alcohol - Hard (liquid)
  2 mg oral Pharms - Clonazepam (pill / tablet)

Well, I had just graduated from law school, and my family had come across the country to celebrate my law school graduation.

The tremendous amount of stress I had experienced in writing two major law school papers to bring my final year to a close had still not fully abated, and not long afterwards I was preparing to host my parents for several days and saying fairwell to several longtime friends.

The first night my parents were in town, as we relaxed in the hotel, and my father and I shared a tequila in celebration, he, perhaps noticing my anxiety, offered me a klonopin. 'This will help you relax,' he said.

Sure enough, shortly after taking it, I began to notice my worries drain away, and a state of utter tranquility. In an almost spiritual sense (and this is from someone who is not spiritual), it was quite a good feeling.

I think in summation, that as a person who is dealing with some issues which are causing severe psychologically stress, (not of the daily variety), I benefited from this as a way of helping me cope while I attempt to come to terms in a more permament way.

On the other hand, I have no experience with daily, regular use, negative or positive.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 45000
Published: Apr 6, 2018Views: 1,731
Pharms - Clonazepam (125) : General (1), First Times (2), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Unknown Context (20)