Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Side Splitting Pain
Nitrous Oxide
by TripperMan96
Citation:   TripperMan96. "Side Splitting Pain: An Experience with Nitrous Oxide (exp45747)". Erowid.org. Feb 9, 2006. erowid.org/exp/45747

inhaled Nitrous Oxide (gas)
    smoked Cannabis (daily)
    smoked Tobacco - Cigarettes

I used to mess around with nitrous a lot when I was high. I thought it was a relatively safe drug. Just take extra vitamin b12 and youll be fine! Wrong.

After about a month of occasional nitrous huffing, i started to get intense pain in my lungs, usually about 5-6 hours after use. I would get like spasms where it was hard to breathe for a minute or so. Being a daily pot smoker, my lungs were already less than perfect. I had also been smoking about a pack of cigs a week. Now I know that the effects on the lungs of marijuana are questionable. Some say that a joint is as bad as a pack of cig's ( which is horribly untrue for me at least), but nitrous definitly causes pain every time I use it. It got to the point where i feared of getting lung cancer.

I have quit cigs and nitrous for the last few months, but occasionally i still get a lesser intense pain after a good joint. Whatever the case, i would say it's best to only use one drug that is inhaled/smoked. Stay Smart!

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 45747
Published: Feb 9, 2006Views: 11,005
Nitrous Oxide (40) : Health Problems (27), Not Applicable (38)