Temporary Insanity
Salvia divinorum (20X Extract)
by Jack Kuhn
Citation:   Jack Kuhn. "Temporary Insanity: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (20X Extract) (exp46543)". Erowid.org. Feb 18, 2020. erowid.org/exp/46543

smoked Salvia divinorum (extract)
  1 cig. smoked Tobacco - Cigarettes

I went down to the beach with one of my friends to try something I had never done before. It was called salvia and he had purchased a gram of it from the local tobacco shop just 30 mins prior. It was 20X salvia and cost $35.

So we walk down to this area near a beach, sit down on a log, and fill his pipe about 1/3 with salvia. He said I could take the first hit so I am just like “alright”. I nearly about cashed the whole bowl and I am counting the seconds in my head as I am holding in the smoke. When I reach to 15 seconds I blow out the smoke because life and all time completely changed.

Needless to say I got pretty scared since I didn’t expect anything like this to happen at all. I felt as though I wasn’t apart of my body anymore. Time had reversed itself and everything around me had a different nature of its own. I stood up and felt like I was walking but wasn’t. As I stared at the ground I could see myself walking but in truth I new I wasn’t. Different dimensions surrounded me and I thought at one point that my tongue was actually talking to me.

I stood there for about 3 mins flabbergasted that the salvia had such a strong effect on me. Eventually I ended up walking to a fence where reality still eluded me, as I tried to light a cigarette. When I began to smoke though the experience was phenomenal. The smoke looked like people dancing and when I inhaled it felt like someone was massaging my tongue and lungs.

From the fence we walked down to the beach and the water was beyond beautiful. It seemed to me the life was just a vision or illusion. By the time we started to leave the beach it had been 10 mins since I had smoked the salvia and the effects were finally starting to come down. I began to have more control with myself and I could finally think more clearly. Though the experience initially scared the shit out of me I now look back on it with wonder and awe.

When I had this experience my friend was always with me so that I wouldn't do anything crazy or hurt myself.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 46543
Published: Feb 18, 2020Views: 448
Salvia divinorum (44) : Small Group (2-9) (17), First Times (2)