Support accurate info and harm reduction.
Donate $50+ and get a Know Your DrugsData tee
Chilled Out
Damiana & Skullcap
by Austin
Citation:   Austin. "Chilled Out: An Experience with Damiana & Skullcap (exp47012)". Erowid.org. Dec 4, 2006. erowid.org/exp/47012

1 Tbsp oral Damiana (tea)
  T+ 0:00 1 Tbsp oral Skullcap (tea)
  T+ 1:30 2 bowls smoked Damiana (leaves)

Tea Preparation:

1 Tablespoon Damiana
1 Tablespoon Scullcap
1 1/2 Cups Of Water (about a half cup will be boiled away)
1 Tablespoon Sugar

I brought the water to a boil and added the herbs. Boiled for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Strained mixture through a coffee filter into a glass measuring cup. After boiling I was left with just a bit over 1 cup of the tea. It didn't really smell that great, so I did not have high hopes for a good taste.

5:30 T-0:00 Drank the tea down real fast. It didn't taste bad at all! It had a strong odor and a dark golden color (kind of like urine). The sugar might have helped the taste, which was somewhat bitter.

6:00 T-0:30 I feel quite relaxed right now, kind of like a very mild stoned feeling. I'm interested in where this is going. I put on some music. I'm kind of paranoid and I don't usually get paranoid.

6:15 T-0:45 Maybe I need to wait it out a while longer, I took a pretty good dose of tea and effects are very mild still. Music sounds really good. I'm getting tired. I'll give it more time.

7:00 T-1:30 Still feeling the mild high off the tea, I smoke a couple bowls of damiana through a water pipe. Pleasant smoking experience...I feel quite stoned after this.

7:15 T-1:45 WOW!! I'm spacing out bad. I feel like a smoked a joint of some goooood weed. I never expected this kind of a euphoria, this is great.

7:45 T-2:15 For the last 20 minutes or so I have felt a gradual comedown off the high and anything I am feeling right now is very mild.

All in all it was a good experience. I'm not sure If I felt much effects from the tea, it was barely anything. When I smoked the 2 bowls I felt a great high for about a half an hour, which is pretty awesome considering I paid $1 for my ounce of Damiana.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 47012
Published: Dec 4, 2006Views: 39,131
Skullcap (232), Damiana (107) : Alone (16), Preparation / Recipes (30), First Times (2)