Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Retina Circus
Venlafaxine (Effexor)
by DusteD
Citation:   DusteD. "Retina Circus: An Experience with Venlafaxine (Effexor) (exp47226)". Erowid.org. Sep 21, 2006. erowid.org/exp/47226

75 mg oral Pharms - Venlafaxine (pill / tablet)

I went to my GP today, because in the last few months, I've experienced severe panic attacks (caused by mild hppd).

So he gave me a strip with 7 Effexor for free (Denmark, free health insurance for the people:)

I got home, and swallowed a capsule (containing 75 mg). And now after no more than 2 hours, I'm experiencing some facinating changes in my vision (my hppd really freaks out) when I close my eyes, I see intense COLORED fractals, moving to the music. Iím feeling a bit distorted, and warm and fuzzy, there's alot of floaters, and everything really seems to wave back and forth. The textbox Iím writing this in now seems to be endless, expanding thru the screen, and onto my walls.

Iíve read alot of very bad things about Effexor, and I do not doubt that it's a drug not to be taken unless the only other choice is death. So this was my first and last experience with Effexor.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 47226
Published: Sep 21, 2006Views: 18,278
Pharms - Venlafaxine (191) : HPPD / Lasting Visuals (40), General (1), Alone (16)