My Experiences
Barbiturates (Butalbital)
by Graddock
Citation:   Graddock. "My Experiences: An Experience with Barbiturates (Butalbital) (exp47407)". Erowid.org. Oct 3, 2007. erowid.org/exp/47407

repeated oral Barbiturates (pill / tablet)

This is my report of what I call a great experience. I would like to say that I usually get a script of Fioricet for tension type headache (Which, for once, I actually suffer from). Now I like to enjoy the effects on my 'Enjoyment Level' sometimes. Meaning I dose out at 6 times the recommended dose. After I reach my usual 300mg I will work it up to 600mg or so. No more as I know my limit.

It's Alcohal experience without the Alcohal. It has it's cravings for more when I'm out of Alcohal. Effects are strikingly similar, though I experience light euphoria. Keep in mind I don't take the preparation w/ Codiene. While enjoying Butalbital, an intermediate acting Barb, I experience: Euphoria, Energy, Unfortunatly occasional aggression, and oddly an increased ability to use advanced style vocabulary correctly. Also, I sometimes experince shakes or shivering which is due to its effects on the body being able to regulate temp.

My post is mainly about the breathing problem and my intentions for this to be a warning. I can still breathe fine, but it's more shallow though not at dangerous levels, probably due to my tolerance to this substance which develops within days. I am sure my PULSE-OX is lower than it should be. I breathe more shallow than I should and, when I realize it I compensate by taking deep and slow breaths. Usually breathing like this is refreshing but while taking this dose of Barb I find it barely effective.

Exp Year: 1999ExpID: 47407
Published: Oct 3, 2007Views: 24,682
Barbiturates (210) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Not Applicable (38)