Against the drug war but not sure what to do about it?
Join Erowid and help spread accurate, independent information.
Railin' No-Doz
Caffeine & Cannabis
by cheef
Citation:   cheef. "Railin' No-Doz: An Experience with Caffeine & Cannabis (exp4770)". Jan 3, 2002.

T+ 0:00
100 mg insufflated Caffeine (powder / crystals)
  T+ 0:30 100 mg insufflated Caffeine (powder / crystals)
  T+ 3:30 2 hits smoked Cannabis (plant material)
  T+ 6:30 400 mg insufflated Caffeine (powder / crystals)
  T+ 8:30 7 hits smoked Cannabis (plant material)


T + 0.00 100 mg insufflated crushed up No-Doz pill
+ 0.30 100 mg insuffalted crushed up No-Doz pill
+ 3.00 2 hits marijuana smoked
+ 3.00 400 mg insufflated crushed up No-Doz pill
+ 2.00 7 hits marijauna smoked

It was a Friday night and end of exam week. I had been sick earlier in the week and could not go out. Plus there were no parties and my friends were not doing anything interesting. So I decided to stay home and chill by myself.

After school I felt exhausted. I was completely out of my typical uppers (meth or adderall) and all I had was a bottle of No-Doz. Usually I only take No-Doz if I'm desperate since I almost always have two better alternatives. I've always taken 2 pills when pulling an all-nighter and following it up with a 3rd two hours later. This is the only combo that has seemed to work for me.

I had karate tournament team practice at 4:30 that afternoon. Earlier that year, one of my friends had mentioned something about trying to snort caffeine and how he didn't feel anything. At 3:00, I was bored and wanted to experiment. I figured that if snorting it didn't wake me up in a half hour, I would simply swallow one and go to karate.

I chopped up half of the caffeine pill. I remember looking at it and thinking 'whoa, thats a lot of powder.' I did not expect for a half of a pill to create that big a line. I cut it into 2 piles since I did not know how much it would burn going up.

At 3:30, I snorted up one of the piles. A sharp burn but nothing I hadn't experience before. It continued burning for about 2 minutes. I immediately noticed that the awful drip had begun. 3 minutes later, I snorted the other pile. The burn lasted longer but was not as severe. It felt almost as if I had been punched in the nose. I snorted saline solution 15 minutes later.

After ten minutes, I began to feel slight tremors in my fingers. At 4:00, i cut up the other half and snorted it. The drip was awful, very bitter. I tried not to swallow but since it was very slow and continuous that method did not work.

At karate, I felt so much energy, unusual since I had only taken 200 mg so far. I could feel each individual muscle working as I did my exercises. When I did my jump kicks, I seemed to spring off the ground with little effort and each time I kicked, I felt as if my leg would separate from my body from the force. I noticed that my hands were shaking and my legs were twitching a bit, as if I had just finished running a long distance. Voices were sharper and clearer. Everything had a sharp outline around it. I was very hyper and could not stand still. I also had difficulty concentrating, all I wanted to do was move.

At 6:00, practice was over and I was still feeling energized. I went to my room and sat at my computer. Whenever I tried to type, my fingers would move too fast for my mind. I made lots of mistakes and got frustrated at myself. I hit myself in the head in exasperation and noticed that the sound my hand made echoed throughout my body. I began to feel slightly scared that I had really messed up my body.

At 7:00 my friend came over with a joint. (My parents were on a business trip that weekend). I quickly lit up in hopes that the weed would cause me to relax and come down. I took two hits and it seemed to intensify the effects so I stopped. I could feel the smoke going into my lungs and I knew that the smoke had somehow leaked and was travelling to my toes. My friend suggested that we should go do something. Maybe I was freaking out since I had nothing to waste my pent-up energy on.

He drove me to the mall. Once I was walking around and talking with someone else, the eerie effects subsided. I now felt similar to what I usually feel when I swallow 3 pills. Very jittery and interested in everything. My eyes felt heavy from the weed but I was not tired at all. Around 9:00 we left the mall and he dropped me off at home since he had a 10:00 curfew.

I put on a trance CD and put on Winamp's plugin Geiss. I turned off all the lights and laid down in bed. The lights on the screen and trippy patterns calmed me down. At 10:00 I started to crash but I did not want to crash just yet.

I crushed up two whole pills this time and cut them into piles. I used two straws to snort up both piles at the same time. My eyes teared up and I felt intense pain. I was convinced I had just caused permanent damage in my nose. I sat there for about 15 minutes holding my nose rocking back and forth. It stopped burning after a half hour but it continued to throb. The drip was making me feel nauseous so I ate some ice cream. After an hour I snorted saline solution and then water. This seemed to ease the pain.

I was in ultra-hyper mode. I could not sit still. I began to clean my room. Around midnight I became tired of the 'trip' so I rolled a blunt and stepped outside to have a quick smoke. I took 7 hits and extinguished it. Soon I felt the weed relaxing me but at the same time I was still wide awake. I was convinced that I had done something very stupid. I could not understand why snorting it would be this intense. Over the course of the night I had taken 3 pills, my usual amount. Yet it seemed as if I had taken alot more than 3, because the effecs were so mind-blowing. No-Doz is meant to work with the stomach acid which makes it seem that railing caffeine pills would cause lesser 'watered down' effects. I pondered this and worked for two hours on an essay due next week.

At 2:00 I felt slightly exhausted and tired of being so hyper and thought that if I closed my eyes the caffeine would wear off sooner. I felt extremely hot even though my fan was on full blast and I was wearing light clothes. I took off my clothes but soon put them back on since I realized that I was hot because there would be a fire soon. I was too afraid to move as my mind raced. I then realized that I was letting the caffeine take control and brought myself back to reality. I was still extremely hot so I took my clothes back off. I cooled down but my head throbbed and my ears began to hurt. There was a small line of skin from my ear down to my neck that still burned. I wondered if my brain had boiled and was leaking out my ear. I could not sleep. If I laid down on my stomach the room would spin and I felt as if the room had disappeared. I found that I could only lie comfortable on my side and pressed up against my wall.

At 3:00 I looked at the clock and noted the time. I then fell into a dreamless state almost like a blackout. I jerked out of it and hit my head on one of my bed slats. I noticed that only ten minutes had gone by and yet it seemed as if a whole day had passed. I continued to have these 'blackouts' throughout the night. I would fall asleep without warning and wake up around 10 - 30 minutes later, always jearking awake as if an electrical impulse had run through my body. I did not dream, instead I felt as I was falling through blackness. During some of these trances I would remember falling, others I could not remember anything. I could not even remember being asleep. I became convinced that while staring at the clock, all the energy in my body caused the time to jump ahead.

I finally fell asleep at 6:00. I woke up the next day at noon. The hangover was slight, I felt sluggish and occasionally my hands would shake and my fingers would twitch.

I doubt I will ever snort No-Doz again. Perhaps my experiences could be attributed to my cold earlier in the week. I had been taking robitussin twice a day up until thursday for about a week (the day before my experience). Whatever the reason for my unusual experience, it scared me and I will stick with swallowing No-Doz and leave the snorting for meth and adderall.

I believe that my experience is isolated and I doubt that snorting it will cause these intense feelings for everyone.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 4770
Gender: Female 
Age at time of experience: Not Given 
Published: Jan 3, 2002Views: 112,576
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
Cannabis (1), Caffeine (11) : Alone (16), Difficult Experiences (5), Combinations (3)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission prior to your downloading the data.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults