Erowid Canvas Tote/Shopping Bag
This reusable "Ecobag" is made of 100% recycled mid-weight
(10 oz) cotton canvas, printed with the Erowid logo.
Donate now and receive yours!
Single Mom Trying to Stay Alert
Oxycodone & Alprazolam
by vicodin
Citation:   vicodin. "Single Mom Trying to Stay Alert: An Experience with Oxycodone & Alprazolam (exp47970)". Erowid.org. Nov 20, 2018. erowid.org/exp/47970

repeated oral Pharms - Alprazolam (daily)
    repeated oral Oxycodone (daily)

I'm a single mom of an adorable 2 1/2 year old baby boy. I started taking percocet 325.mg after my pregnancy for my pain due to delivery. Me and the Dad where together at the time and then had broken up. I found that I could not handle the breakup and keep up with my new born. My percocets where helping me through my pain but preffered my xanax on a daily basis. I did not have any problems with my xanax as I have been taking them for years...I am 35 and have been taking 1 to 2 mgs of it for about 10 years now without ever increasing the dose. The percocet just made me sleepy although a bit high. I found out that I could make some extra cash dispensing my medication (percocet) seeing that the dad (deadbeat) was not paying me.

As my Doc began to keep refilling my script of perks on a weekly basis, I somehow decided to take more than one a day..on top of selling the rest. I heard of another Doc down the hallway that would write out scripts for the month. This was dollar signs in my mind!! Somehow I am finagling both docs with prescriptions. Although I found Vics where in more demand than perks so I asked one of the Docs to change my script as the percocets seemed to make me too sleepy. Well this is where my problem now lies. I am now up to 5 to 8 vicodins a day 7.5 mg. And can't funcion without taking one in the morning before I get out of bed. If I dont have any..I'm left with diahrea..chills...pain all over!

I am so scared that something is going to happen to me. I never thought I would be addicted to these pills and though I would be able to sell them without ever 'needing' them. Now I find that I am selling them.....just to get more! I am up all night, drinking my coke and cant get up in the morning. I dont know what to do and I can not go to a re-hab for no one knows (or so I think) that I have this addiction and dont want to loose my child. I'm down to 10 left in my bottle and am trying to think of a way to get more so I can function normally until I find a way to quit this hell.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 47970
Published: Nov 20, 2018Views: 2,663
Pharms - Alprazolam (98), Oxycodone (176) : Addiction & Habituation (10), Not Applicable (38)