Spiral Erowid Zip Hoodie
This black mid-weight zip hoodie (80/20) has front pockets,
an Erowid logo on front chest, and a spiral design on back.
Donate and receive yours!
H. B. Woodrose, Meclinzine, Caffeine & Ephedrine
by John
Citation:   John. "Overwhelming: An Experience with H. B. Woodrose, Meclinzine, Caffeine & Ephedrine (exp48034)". Erowid.org. Sep 23, 2007. erowid.org/exp/48034

10 seeds sublingual H.B. Woodrose (ground / crushed)
  2.5 seeds oral H.B. Woodrose (ground / crushed)
  50 mg oral Pharms - Meclizine (pill / tablet)
  200 mg oral Caffeine (pill / tablet)
  37.5 mg oral Ephedrine (capsule)
This report got a bit long winded, so to sum things up I took a bunch of Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds and had the most intense trip of my life. I've never done acid before, so I can only compare my experience to shrooms, and salvia I guess, but that is pretty different. Without question this blew the shrooms out of the water in every way. Utterly mind shattering. If anyone has the intention of trying the seeds I urge them to be careful as they are pretty unpredictable. I had previously tried sublingual absorption of 9 HBWR seeds (probably an Indian strain) that I bought from a regular gardening store. They had no effect. Next I tried sublingual absorption of 5 HBWR seeds bought from an ethnobotanical store that were the Hawaiian strain. Again no effect. This time I took 10 of those seeds sublingually, in addition ingesting about a quarter of them, and for seven hours they tossed my salad in ways I can't even begin to describe. The trip started out very bad, enough to be dangerous, so again, be careful. I snapped out of the bad period relatively quickly however.

Now here's the full report.

T+00:00 (9:00pm) 10 HBWR seeds sublingually, about 2.5 ingested

Around 9:00pm I took two dramamine 'less drowsy formula' (meclizine hcl 50mg) in an effort to prevent nausea. I also took 200mg caffeine and 37.5mg ephedrine to combat drowsiness. The ephedrine capsules also had guaifenesin since they were sold as asthema medication.

At that point I ground up 10 Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds with a mortar and pestle. These were purchased from a reputable online retailer of ethnobotanicals, where they were advertised as organic and being of the Hawaiian strain. The seeds did not have the fuzzy coating, however.

I placed the ground up seeds under my tongue. I swished the seeds around in my mouth for about 15 minutes in an attempt to achieve the nausea-avoiding sublingual absorption others have described. I intended to keep them in there longer, but at that point my friends came to pick me up to go out for the night so I reluctantly spat the saliva/seed soup out of my mouth and into a cup. Worried that I had not kept the seeds in my mouth long enough, I then drank about a quarter of the contents of the cup.

T+01:00 (10:00pm) body load

As I was riding in my friend's car, I began to feel a bit of nausea. We got to a bar where we hung out with a large group of people. For the next hour and a half or so, I felt pretty awful. In addition to nausea, I felt lightheaded, weak, dizzy, tired, and just generally sick. At this point I wanted to go home and lie down, but I didn't want to stop socializing. So I did my best to stick it out. A couple times the nausea caused me to vomit, but for the most part I just dry heaved. With the help of some more alcohol, which I had been ingesting throughout the evening, I was eventually able to vomit more productively, much to my relief. By about 11:30 or so the body load was much better, and by midnight it was completely gone. Keep in mind that up until now I had experienced nothing psychedelic or in any way interesting.

T+03:30 (12:30pm) trip begins with emotional breakdown

As far as I could tell at this point, the seeds had done nothing but make me sick, and I had all but forgotten about the possibility of tripping. Then the trip started, and it started out bad. Bad enough to be dangerous. But only because I was unprepared and didn't realize I was tripping at first.

Around midnight my friends and I headed over to a club. After arriving at the club I began to get increasingly depressed. I had had some mildly depressing thoughts that afternoon, and I began to dwell on them. I grew more and more irrationally sad. This culminated in me having a 30 minute nervous breakdown in a bathroom stall. I was utterly despondent. I stood in the stall, unable to leave, clawing at the wall as I was gripped by uncontrollable suicidal thoughts and panic.

At this point, I had no idea the LSA was influencing me. I had not yet experienced anything psychedelic and was completely clear headed. If you had talked to me, I would have been totally articulate and probably would have seemed sober as a judge. Just suicidal.

Eventually, I managed to convince myself that maybe I was starting to trip and the breakdown I had just had was the result of the seeds I had taken. A quick look in the mirror revealed that my eyes were dilated. In fact my pupils were so large I could barely see my irises (i.e., the colored rings). I wandered out of the bathroom, emotionally broken and shaken.

T+04:00 (1:00am) indescribable euphoria

In the course of just a few minutes, I began to feel much better. I became convinced that the seeds were in fact making me irrational, and felt better and better about it. These feelings of happiness grew to unbelievable proportions.

Probably only 15 minutes after wanting to kill myself in the bathroom stall, I was lost in the throes of the most indescribable euphoria I have ever experienced. Every cell in my body was overflowing with the most boundless love and joy. I was still completely clear headed (I had also stopped drinking a while back), articulate, and logical. I realized that I was only feeling this way because I was tripping, and I didn't care. I didn't care about anything. I smiled and laughed and danced. I was at a club so this did not seem out of the ordinary. I wanted to tell everyone how much love I had for them. This continued in full force for about an hour, and to a much lesser extent throughout the rest of the trip.

I was still not experiencing the traditional psychedelic effects (closed eye visuals, inanimate objects seeming alive, etc.) to any significant degree, but I was definitely way out of my mind. There is really no way to describe the euphoria I experienced. It was deeper, richer, and a thousand times more intense than any good feeling I have ever had, either sober or on any drug I have used. It would not be hyperbole to say that I experienced more total happiness in this period of about an hour than I had experienced in my entire life up until that point. And it was wild, relentless, out of control, and overwhelming.

T+06:00 (3:00am) exhausting psychedelic frenzy

Around 2:30am my friend had given me a ride home (he was sober at the time). For a while I just sat in my room listening to music and enjoying more euphoria. I laid back on my bed and just let waves of happiness crash over me. At this point I was getting really tired. As much as I wanted to continue the trip, I felt I was just too tired and decided to try to go to sleep.

I think turning out the lights and closing my eyes was what triggered the psychedelic wildness that began at that point. It didn't take long to realize sleep was out of the question. I was feeling very speedy; I was excited out of mind and the world was going nuts around me. The lights came back on, and for the next three or four hours I paced around my apartment tripping balls. I experienced everything I have previously experienced on shrooms and, on top of that, everything I have ever heard anyone say about acid. The walls were breathing, inanimate objects seemed alive, and the room at times seemed full of people and devilish apparitions of all sorts. Closing my eyes resulted in utterly overwhelming visuals. Whirling, racing two dimensional geometric patterns, crazy cartoonish visions, and occasional strange three dimensional scenes. All at a million miles an hour. At one point I stood in my bathroom and just stared at my body in the mirror. Right before my eyes I was changing size and shape.

These sorts of things went on for hours, and it was overwhelming and completely exhausting. I was too tired and spent to take any more, and many times I tried to just relax and go to sleep. I wasn't having a bad time or at all afraid, I was just really, really mentally and physically exhausted. It actually would have been a lot of fun had I not been so worn out.

All this time I was completely rational and clear headed. No one else was around, but it would have been easy for me to carry on a conversation and appear completely normal, although maybe a little tired and frazzled. Previously when I have done shrooms I felt dreamy and stoned in addition to all the psychedelic effects, but throughout this entire trip I never felt drugged in that sense.

I checked my pupils several times and they remained very dilated.

T+10:00 (7:00am) sleep

Finally I got to sleep; I believe it was around 7:00am. I only slept for about two hours, but when I woke up the trip was completely over. I was back to baseline, but very shaken up. My pupils were also back to normal.

In retrospect the actual psychedelic stuff I experienced was the least significant part of the trip. The emotional roller coaster of the initial nervous breakdown and following unbelievable euphoria made all the closed eye visuals and breathing walls and so forth seem like cheap parlor tricks. The experience of being suicidal then more happy then you ever could have previously imagined all in the course of a couple hours really rattles the foundations of your sanity. It was a life changing experience. Which is a very scary thing to say, and I'm reluctant to say it.

One thing I really haven't been able to describe throughout this report is the series of mind games I experienced. For seven hours my consciousness was tossed around like a rag doll in ways I can't relate. Anyone that would consider this recreational must have balls the size of Manhattan. Terms like 'ego-shattering' and 'mind-bending' have taken on a completely new meaning for me.

Overall, this was way, way too much. I'm never going to (intentionally) take this much of any psychedelic drug ever again. And I probably won't touch any at all for quite some time. Don't get me wrong, the experience was much more good than it was bad, it was just too much of everything.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 48034
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Published: Sep 23, 2007Views: 18,061
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
H.B. Woodrose (26) : First Times (2), General (1), Various (28)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults