Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
I Almost Lost it All
Crack Cocaine
by Melanie Love
Citation:   Melanie Love. "I Almost Lost it All: An Experience with Crack Cocaine (exp4811)". Erowid.org. Mar 3, 2001. erowid.org/exp/4811

smoked Crack (powder / crystals)

I had never really tried smoking crack until I was with my current boyfriend. Yeah I had snorted a few lines here & there over the years & was happy with that. But then one night after we had finished working , he came home with my powder & he sat down on the couch & pulled out a pipe, micro torch & a teener of crack.

I did a few lines & started watching him hit the pipe. After watching him do a few hits i told him that i wanted to try it. Well thats all it took.

Over the next few months we started smoking on almost a daily basis. I stopped caring about everyone & everything including myself. I started to lose alot of weight & people noticed. I was on a high that was losing its staying power ( not lasting as long) each time I smoked.

Finally one night after being on a 2 day binge we ran out of crack & there was no money left to buy anymore. I crashed bad & became suicidal. I walked out into my garage & tied a clothes line around my neck. The next thing I remember was coming too in the hospital. I was told that my boyfriend had cut me down. I was very lucky that he had been there, because if it wasn't for him I would have been dead.

I spent 3 days in the hospital with a crush injury to my throat. During those days I thought about everything I almost lost because of crack cocaine.

It wasn't worth it.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 4811
Published: Mar 3, 2001Views: 6,790
Crack (82) : Various (28), Addiction & Habituation (10)