Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
Sinus Infection
Cannabis
by It's a damn shame
Citation:   It's a damn shame. "Sinus Infection: An Experience with Cannabis (exp48762)". Erowid.org. Jun 2, 2007. erowid.org/exp/48762

300 mg smoked Cannabis (plant material)

Approximately a year in a half ago was the first time I smoked marijuana; I was 16 and it was my sophomore year. Marijuana put me in a better mood, gave me energy, and also increased my focus and concentration. I began smoking once a day, which gradually increased to several times a day. For about half a year I was a heavy user, smoking about 4-5 times a day.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), I'm not able to smoke pot at all anymore, because I began getting this devestating allergic reaction. These past 6 months I've smoked less than 10 times, yet each time I smoke I get the same reoccuring symptoms. The symptoms feel as if my throat is swelling up, it also becomes difficult to breathe. The doctor said there was a lot of sinus drainage in my throat. When he prescribed me antibiotics it knocked out the sinus infection fast, but of course I still have this terrible reaction to marijuana smoke.

My hopes are, eventually this allergy will pass and I will be able to enjoy being high again, without throat irritations. Now, if I eat pot I don't have this kind of reaction, so it must be from the smoke. As of now, since I don't enjoy alchohol a whole lot, I'm going to have to enjoy my recreational use of mushrooms and LSD.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 48762
Published: Jun 2, 2007Views: 9,236
Cannabis (1) : Health Problems (27), Not Applicable (38)