Is Anything Real?
Dimenhydrinate
by MindScan
Citation:   MindScan. "Is Anything Real?: An Experience with Dimenhydrinate (exp492)". Erowid.org. Jul 31, 2000. erowid.org/exp/492

600 mg oral Dimenhydrinate

Doesn't everyone feel comfortable with themselves? Do you think that you can discern reality from visions, hallucinations, dreams, and memories? I hope you can because on dimenhydrinate, I couldn't.

This has the effect of a very interesting trip. Even if you think you know its not real, the impression is that it is. Its like having someone lie to you. You think you know whats right, but they are right there, talking to you and telling a lie.

I have gone bowling on dimenhydrinate and have never wondered so much about what really happened. I was there, but so were twenty other people. I only went with FIVE other people! I thought that they were all real. I was completely functional in my thinking and motor skills, although very tired, but I saw and talked to people that were not there.

As far as bowling went, I often thought I completly missed, only to find out I had a strike. Or there was a time when the ball bounced out of my lane and knocked down another person's pins, but it didn't really... Dimenhydrinate is the most interesting, and scary, drug I have ever seen! Reality throws you for a loop on this drug. I don't suggest going out in public with it unless you have a trip sitter, all of the other people that night thought I was going insane except for a friend who has done dimenhydrinate himself.

Reality and your hallucinations will become one and there is no way to tell them apart because you don't feel 'fucked up'. I felt perfectly normal, maybe a little bit of dizzyness (along with being very tired). Be careful on this, your girlfriend is not jumping off of the roof of your house, you don't need to go save her... But thats another story, now isn't it? That's just it, it is all one big question on dimenhydrinate.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 492
Published: Jul 31, 2000Views: 17,035
Dimenhydrinate (17) : General (1), Club / Bar (25)