Experience and Physical Withdrawal Effects
Alprazolam (Xanax)
by Dora the Explorer
Citation:   Dora the Explorer. "Experience and Physical Withdrawal Effects: An Experience with Alprazolam (Xanax) (exp49245)". Erowid.org. Jun 27, 2007. erowid.org/exp/49245

repeated oral Pharms - Alprazolam (daily)

At one point in my life I was taking 6-8mg of Xanax daily for nearly a month. This was partly a psychological addiction on my part, but what I want to focus on is the physical withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal for me involved, no sleep, nightmares, constant nausea, pain, mental agony, major sinus problems. In other words, a living hell.

Would I do this drug again? Yes, but I will never get physically addicted again. Even though I had the mental strength to stop, it is so incredibly painful and dangerous I would not repeat it ever.

Experience at 6mg:
T+0:00
Pop 3 2mg pills.

T+0:30
Feel very 'out-of-it', drunken euphoria, little nausea, all cares and worries go away.

T+1:00
Get hungry, my sinuses are cleared up, I like just hanging out watching TV.

T+1:30
My ability to store memories is practically gone. I have no inhabitations. I fall off a bike and cut myself, but am completely numb to pain.

T+2:00
It's a fairly sedate and restful feeling also. The feeling is not euphoria per say, but a permeating numbness.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 49245
Published: Jun 27, 2007Views: 26,777
Pharms - Alprazolam (98) : Alone (16), Addiction & Habituation (10), General (1)