Hand-Crafted Glass Molecules!
Donate $100+ and get an art glass molecule.
(Pick caffeine, DMT, dopamine, ethanol, harmine, MDMA,
mescaline, serotonin, tryptamine, nitrous, THC, or psilocybin)
Marijuana Was Supposed to Be Fun
Cannabis & Methaqualone
by Axa
Citation:   Axa. "Marijuana Was Supposed to Be Fun: An Experience with Cannabis & Methaqualone (exp494)". Erowid.org. Jul 31, 2000. erowid.org/exp/494

1 cig. smoked Cannabis
    smoked Methaqualone

A friend of mine at work used to supply me with the odd joint - all nicely cleaned and rolled. One day we were out on a delivery taking some computers and spares to an exhibition. He was driving. He offered me a joint mixed in with crushed mandrax which I gladly accepted and lit up, relaxing in the passengers seat.

Afetr a mere 2 tugs I noticed that the effect was much different to that of a mere joint. I experienced an incredibly acid taste in my mouth, and the skin on my face felt too tight, making it difficult to open my eyes widely. Waves of nausea washed over me, but I persevered and finished the joint. It was incredibly difficult to talk coherantly, although I was fully aware of my condition at all times. It was like a waking dream - although I knew exactly where / who I was, everything had a surreal air. There was no pleasant high.

When helping to carry some boxes up a steep flight of stairs I blacked out in the middle of this trade-show - to come to consciousness covered in my own vomit surrounded by crowds of people. The effects lasted about an hour more while we drove back to work. Mandrax is a dirty drug, with no pleasant highs to speak of -I do not recommend it's use at all.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 494
Published: Jul 31, 2000Views: 3,129
Methaqualone (218), Cannabis (1) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Difficult Experiences (5), Combinations (3)