New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Dennis McKenna, Ken Kesey, or the Shulgins
Full Blown Seizure
Chlorpromazine (Thorazine)
by hacker cracker
Citation:   hacker cracker. "Full Blown Seizure: An Experience with Chlorpromazine (Thorazine) (exp49656)". Erowid.org. Feb 16, 2007. erowid.org/exp/49656

300 mg oral Pharms - Chlorpromazine (daily)

Back in 2003, I was having some problems with paranoia and anxiety, and was prescribed Seroquel. This stuff worked ok, until my health insurance ran out, and I could no longer afford it. My psychiatrist prescribed 300mg of Thorazine daily as a substitute, since Thorazine is an older medicine with a generic (chlorpromazine), and I could easily afford it.

When taking this stuff, it made me tired all the time. I had no energy whatsoever. Anyway, after a week of taking it I was outside with a friend tinting the windows on my car (a little project we were working on). The last thing I remember was walking to the trash can to throw something away. I woke up on the balcony of my apartment some time later, with the sounds of ambulance sirens in the distance. Everything was in black in white for a few seconds, eventually, I got to my feet and ran inside. The paramedics arrived, but against my wife & friend's advice, I told the paramedics to 'Get the fuck out of my house!'. They left. I had just gotten back from a week in the hospital, and had no desire to go back. My wife later told me that I had a full blown seizure. I went to see my psychiatrist, who attributed it to the thorazine. He promptly took me off the stuff, and put me on depakote, to guard against future seizures.

Thorazine sucks!

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 49656
Published: Feb 16, 2007Views: 36,029
Pharms - Chlorpromazine (318) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Health Problems (27)