Subjective Effects of Psychedelics Survey
Researchers at the Psychedelic Research Lab at
Monash University, Australia are conducting a survey
about the subjective effects of classic psychedelics
(LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, & MDMA).
Since This, I Have Had Issues
MDMA, Mushrooms & Ketamine
by PERCEPTION
Citation:   PERCEPTION. "Since This, I Have Had Issues: An Experience with MDMA, Mushrooms & Ketamine (exp50186)". Erowid.org. Dec 27, 2018. erowid.org/exp/50186

repeated oral MDMA
    oral Mushrooms
  1 line insufflated Ketamine

I was enjoying myself at a friends party after a rave we had been to, we had been on it from the previous night which included some coke, pills, alcohol etc. At the afterparty we decided it was time to get messy, so we had some mdma crystals and mushys- we were all having fun and then some loaded up some big lines of K.

Now, I was a heavy user of K at the time and had never had any problems with it at all, I always found it enhanced whatever drugs I was on and I could handle it but this was different. My head felt immediately scared and confused, time seemed to stop and my head played back the last thing I had just looked at in the same way as you would get deja vu. Suddenly the room and everything I believed to be reality just seemed to stop, I felt as though I was going to simultaneously combust and then I tripped that I died and exploded right there in front of my mates- I had felt completley removed from my own body and genuinely thought I was dead and floating around the room- I didnt exist and my friends were just shapes and patterns. It was absolute horrific and far too real for my head to comprehend. I cant remember too much but it was a violent and traumatising trip- I dont let drugs get to me but that was far too much for me. Luckily I came round to a good mate comforting me- he said I had tried to mime words while tripping out, I was asking my friends for help!!

Since this experience, I have had issues with doing any drugs again even 'party' drugs which I always absolutley loved and felt comfortable on. Further to this I tried ketamine a few more times but had 'the fear' and got massively paranoid that I would have a similar experience again, I also smoked weed a month or so after, while doing pills and had a huge panic attack.

I have also seen similar things happen to very good friends of mine on ketamine- it pushes boundaries and reality far too far at times imo.. People I know who have handled various different drugs have had huge problems on bad k trips- it can be a very dark and sinister drug at times, and its like having no control of your own mind. So from one open minded person to you guys- take care out there, I hope none of you experience a similar experience- and its not really about the special K at all.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 50186
Published: Dec 27, 2018Views: 991
Ketamine (31), Mushrooms (39), MDMA (3) : Difficult Experiences (5), Post Trip Problems (8), Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)